kos pwk replacement carbs

General queries KR Bikes
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

kos pwk replacement carbs

Post by NOSHER » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:11 pm

hi---any one know anything about the performance of these OSO or KOSO keihin pwk28 replacement copy carbs sold on ebay for around £30 each--what i have noticed on all the sellers is that they are not available handed--they are all supplied r/h only ?
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30

Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Re: kos pwk replacement carbs

Post by Binetta Steve » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Nosher have you seen this thread, there was some chat on this a couple of months ago, worth a browse

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17722&p=98943&hili ... rbs#p98943

Steve

NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:30 pm

THANKS STEVE--THAT WAS AN INTERESTING READ --PITY THE TESTER FINISHED HIS CONTRIBUTION AFTER SUCH A SMALL TEST--WOULD HAVE BEEN OF INTEREST TO SEE WHAT THEY WERE LIKE AT FULL CHAT!!!!!!!
LOOKS LIKE I`LL HAVE TO BUY A PAIR JUST TO SETTLE MY CURIOSITY AS MY CARBS "HANG UP" A LITTLE AFTER STATIONARY REVVING BEFORE THEY SETTLE INTO A SLOW TICKOVER (WORN SLIDES???????)

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30

500bernie
Premix Junkie

Post by 500bernie » Sun May 14, 2017 9:30 am

Hi the revs hanging is down to your air screw settings, the bike is too lean. Your air screws need turning in a little more. Loads of posts here on the forum about this topic, the manual setting of 1 1/2 turns out is way too lean, start at 3/4 turns out (you will see some posts where they are only 1/4 turn out).
Good luck.
Bernie :)
2 Firecracker Red and Grey C3s

NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER » Sun May 14, 2017 11:44 am

Thanks Bernie-just finished fitting rebuild kits to my Keihin carbs and about to finish connecting up a "chinese" non vac fuel tap-- single 8mm outlet(r/h but enough space to curve the pipe without kinking)to-- quick release connector to--6mm "barbed" y piece to-- carbs(good job there`s a fair space above the carbs for the extra bits!!)so i`ll shortly begin setting up the slow running of them following your recommendation of beginning @3/4 turns out and ignoring the Manual setting and will post my results when done.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30

c&c
Smoker

Post by c&c » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 pm

NOSHER wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 11:44 am
Thanks Bernie-just finished fitting rebuild kits to my Keihin carbs and about to finish connecting up a "chinese" non vac fuel tap-- single 8mm outlet(r/h but enough space to curve the pipe without kinking)to-- quick release connector to--6mm "barbed" y piece to-- carbs(good job there`s a fair space above the carbs for the extra bits!!)so i`ll shortly begin setting up the slow running of them following your recommendation of beginning @3/4 turns out and ignoring the Manual setting and will post my results when done.
Any results yet..?
I had a chance to be insane , asylum from the pouring rain..

500bernie
Premix Junkie

Post by 500bernie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi Nosher
Mine are running at 1/4 turn out, and the revs drop nicely now.
Cheers
Bernie :)
2 Firecracker Red and Grey C3s

NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:44 pm

SORRY BERNIE HAD SOME BEREAVEMENT AMONGST THE GANG AND I`VE LET A LOT OF THINGS SLIDE LATELY-----
REBUILT MY CARBS WITH NEW JETS/NEEDLES/SPRINGS/TOP GASKET AND NEW FLOAT BOWL O RINGS ALL OF WHICH WERE ON EBAY FROM A CHINESE SUPPLIER WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PILOT JETS WHICH WERE UNMARKED AS TO SIZE SO PURCHASED SEPARATELY ON EBAY FROM A KEIHIN STOCKIST.
I SET UP THE MIXTURE SCREWS 1+1/4 TURNS OUT VERY PRECISELY USING A TINY DEGREE DISC FROM A ROTARY CONTROL KNOB KICKING ABOUT IN MY TOOLCHEST-----PRIMED THE CARBS---TWO PRODS ON FULL CHOKE AND IT STARTED-----ABOUT TWO MINS TO WARM UP--TOOK CHOKE OFF AND IT SAT TICKING OVER @1500 JUST LIKE IT WAS A FOURSTROKE!!!!!!
THROTTLE RESPONSE WAS CRISP WITH NO HESITATION SO TOMORROW(IF ITS NOT PISSING DOWN AGAIN) I`LL SEE HOW IT RESPONDS OUT ON THE ROAD WHEN I GIVE IT THE BERRIES TO SEE IF THE MIXTURE NEEDS RICHENING.
WATCH THIS SPACE--LOOKS LIKE I WON`T NEED THAT MATCHING PAIR OF PWK 28`S WITH CABLING THAT`S BEEN IN MY LOFT FOR 18 YEARS AFTER ALL!!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30