How to post pictures on this forum. (with pics)

General queries KR Bikes
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

How to post pictures on this forum. (with pics)

Post by ScottaKR » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:11 am

OK, I think almost everyone has asked this question on here at some time or another, so I thought I'd have a go at writting up a simple "How-to" guide to make things a bit easier for new members.
The first thing youll need to do is get yourself a photobucket account by going to http://photobucket.com/ (click the blue writing :wink: ). There are a lot of other sites that offer the same service, but this is the one most people on here use (including myself) so I'll be using this as the example.

Once you've opened your photobucket account, youll have to upload your pics from your computer.
(click on the big blue button in the middle of the page)

This will bring up a window like this one for you to find and select the pics you want.
Find the pic you want, click on it, and then click open to upload it to photobucket.
Once it's uploaded, you'll be prompted to give the pic a name and description. Once youve done that, click save, and you'll be returned to your photo album.

Now move your mouse cursor over the picture you want to post on the forum and and youll see a menu drop down below the image.
You need to left-click on the writting next to "IMG code" that starts [IMG]http://................ etc, highlighted in blue in this example (they've changed it since I first made this how-to, so you don't get the drop down menu in the pic any more) and it will automaticaly copy the code you need to put in your forum post.
To put this into your forum post, just right click where you want it and select paste.

Done.

Now for a pic posting edicate tip:
Please, always put each pic you post on a seperate line, as otherwise they will end up side by side and everyone will have to scroll across to read everything and see all the pics, makeing the post a nightmare to read. To make sure you don't make this mistake, always press enter before and after posting every picture link, and youll be fine.

Hopefully this clears a few things up.
Cheers, Scott.
Last edited by ScottaKR on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)

iain250
Heavy Smoker

Post by iain250 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:11 am

cheers scott i couldnt figure that out either i might get the hang of this computing machine yet although i doubt it.

iain

the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:59 am

Nice one Scott!

I see this problem arises on most forums; can we sticky this one please?
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5

alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Excellent,
cheers mate this is now a sticky
Al
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams

Gordi
Heavy Smoker

Bl**dy photos

Post by Gordi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I can't click onto the IMGcode on the piccie. Must be this bloody netbook! Won't even let me drag Emoticon across. I give up.

twostrokesmoker
Heavy Smoker

Post by twostrokesmoker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Nice 1 Scott =D> \:D/

ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 am

Why is my post all "sticky" now? 8-[ :lol:

Gordi: make sure you click on the writting next to "IMG code" that starts [IMG]http://................ etc. I don't think I made that quite clear in the how-to so I'm about to edit it to clear it up a bit more.
Good luck, Scott.
KR1 Red/White

KwakOn
Oil Injector

Re: Bl**dy photos

Post by KwakOn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:55 am

Gordi wrote: Won't even let me drag Emoticon across. I give up.
not your netbook, emoticons dont drag, you just click them and they are added where you left the cursor. also they dont appear in the text until you "preview" "submit" the post.

another tip, if you click the "quote" button on a post with a picture in it, you can then see the "code" as it should be.
.. Image ..

rjaws

Post by rjaws » Sat May 15, 2010 1:02 am

Now can you gve a hint on how to make a good avatar??
Greg
KR1S Track Bike
TD3 - DS7 Yam PC Race bike
Two Sheds of stuff

JanBros
Premix Junkie

Re: Avatar

Post by JanBros » Sat May 15, 2010 10:00 am

rjaws wrote:Now can you gve a hint on how to make a good avatar??
Greg
plastic surgery :?: :mrgreen:
You know it's cold outside when you trip over dog shit instead of standing in it.

rjaws

Post by rjaws » Sun May 16, 2010 11:15 pm

with a tat like that, almost makes me want to come to France. Did it wash out or are you always like that?
KR1S Track Bike
TD3 - DS7 Yam PC Race bike
Two Sheds of stuff

KRXR

watda

Post by KRXR » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:00 am

thanks scott, seems well complicate for this diesel fitter. wheres the dip stick on this thing? #-o \:D/
heavy modification

ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Re: watda

Post by ScottaKR » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:55 pm

KRXR wrote:thanks scott, seems well complicate for this diesel fitter. wheres the dip stick on this thing? #-o \:D/

I tried to make it as simple as possible. I understand that it may look a bit hard at first glance, but it's actually not that hard at all, especially if these guys can make sense of it. :wink:
The other thing to do when adding pics to your message is to click the "Preview" button to check your link works before "submitting" your post.
KR1 Red/White

Gonzo355
Smoker

argh help

Post by Gonzo355 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:14 pm

have uploaded pictures onto photobucket,when i right click onto img(http) i only get 3 options these are settings,global settings and info on adobe flash player.maybe i will just lurk forever!

Gonzo355
Smoker

Post by Gonzo355 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:20 pm

maybe i could put it on ebay for £6000! you could look at it there if it sold i could afford one of those rgv things!!!