3 spoke wheel / With kr1s forks and brakes

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
toanster999

3 spoke wheel / With kr1s forks and brakes

Post by toanster999 »

Hi All
My mongrel B2 came with 3 spoke B2 front wheel but has Kr1s forks and calipers . That meant the front wheel was slightly off centre ( easy to shim and re-centre ) . My biggest concern now is lack of clearance between the caliper and wheel which is literally a fag paper on the side with the raised lettering on the spokes . Has anybody else ever ran with a simillar set up ?
Cheers
Tony
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Re: 3 spoke wheel / With kr1s forks and brakes

Post by KR-1R »

4 Pot caliper vs 3 spoke on KR-1 wheel
3 spoke is lighter but slightly narrower rim width @ 2.75" vs 3.00" 5 spoke iIRC
but the minor axis of the 3 spoke is wider than the H section of 5 spoke
grind/file lettering and/or file backs of caliper(s) as necessary to clearance (flapper disk work well on removing wheel seams)

viewtopic.php?p=7510#p7510
fenno wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:38 am Thanks
Everyone

I have done the bearing and spacer thing and it works great, except I put the old centre spacer in and had to pull it apart and put the 17mm one in :oops:
As for the calipers, Shaved a little bit from the wheel spokes where the caliper runs so the spokes now have a flat part on them,cant even see it when wheels are painted and the wheel ballanced up fine, and took around 2mm from the back of the Caliper and it gives me heaps of clearance
Now to see how it works on the track