alternative rear end

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
colin

alternative rear end

Post by colin »

Hi I've been reading the threads on RGV 17 wheel replacements and R6 shock conversions but was wondering if anyone had tried to replace the rear end off another bike, ie swingarm, shock, wheel and brake caliper. Cheers Col
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

Not much wrong with the OE swinger and shock (when rebuilt properly),the only downside is lack of tyres for the 18",more of a problem for racing than road use (the again Avon still do club racing inters in 18").
not sure but i think RGV swingers can be made to fit,its not gonna improve the handling thugh,the KR handles as it is. :D
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

I put the RGV250P swinger in my KR, Kev (TheElf) put an M swinger in his.
The pivot end is slightly narrower, but the wheel end is slightly wider.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

What are you wanting to achieve?
colin

Post by colin »

Thanks for the replies. It was more of a general query. Was at a breakers today for a rear disc and saw lots complete rear ends and wondered if it could be done from suitable donor bike. My rear wheel is badly corroded, the shocks duff and the rear caliper is leaking. Hadn't seen this tackled much on the forum hence the query.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I have an RGV swingarm in my KXR1 (KR1 with KX500 engine) and it's not too much work to fit. Can't remember thow, as it's unfinished sitting in a shed for a couple of years waiting for Santa to bring me some extra time, but he refuses :evil:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !