what front end....

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
nickb.
Smoker

what front end....

Post by nickb. »

Question...
The disc's are shot on my KR1B, do I replace the disc's at some unrepeatable price, or swap the front end for a KR1S set up??? I'm swaying towards the latter, but just wanted to hear some of your views... :shock:
am I correct in thinking that the 1s forks will fit the 1b yokes? but will need calipers etc etc from the 1s......
This week I've mainly been in the garage!!!!
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Yep, 1s forks fit 1 yokes, but you'll need 1s calipers. On the issue of discs, slightly off topic, I was having a mooch on Cradley Kwaks website, don't know if they've still got any but they had zxr400h right hand discs for £40, as far as I know they are the same discs as 1s so if anybody needs a right hand disc......... :lol:
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

you'll need everything from a 1s apart from the yokes.
forks, calipers, discs, spindle, spacers, speedo drive, wheel.
you might also want to change the master cylinder for a 1s jobbie aswell.
personally i found the kr1 front end pretty good, i swapped for a 1s front and didnt notice any real difference in the feel of the bike. i was expecting the brakes to be better but again, the improvement wasnt that great.
i would go for replacement discs(ebay or from someone on here), new pads, new bushes, progresive springs and fresh fork oil. it'll feel like a different bike.