Fork sliding bushes

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
James P
Oil Injector

Fork sliding bushes

Post by James P »

These bushes (44065-1085 outer and 44065-1086 inner) are still available from Kawasaki, as they were used on a few different models. Most of these other models used either the inner or outer bush, with the other bush being different. However, there were a few models which used both bushes:

Zephyr 750 91-92
ZX10 88-90
GPZ1100 95-96

The bushes are listed at 14.18GBP each at Cradley Kawasaki. They are also available aftermarket from Pyramid Parts (part no.OB21 for outer and part no.IB02 for inner) at a price of A$15 (about 8.40GBP) per pair. Thus, the cost of a complete set is:

Genuine 56.72GBP
Aftermarket A$30 (about 16.80GBP)

I have bought a set of bushes from Pyramid Parts and they appear identical to the bushes which came out of the forks I am rebuilding. I haven't tried them yet, because the stanchions are still away being re-hard-chromed.

Interestingly, the bushes are slightly more expensive on Pyramid's English web-site (10GBP per pair), but still much cheaper than genuine.

Anyone got any experience or views on the genuine or aftermarket bushes? Are there any other aftermarket suppliers?

Regards,
James
Professor
Heavy Smoker

Re: Fork sliding bushes

Post by Professor »

Pattern bushes I've tried in the past tend to be marginally looser fit, so must be slightly thinner in section thickness. Like 0.9mm instead of 1mm.

This shouldn't affect how it works, decision is yours. new pattern bushes will be better than old worn ones!
Hardcore you know the score
nikfubar
Smoker

Post by nikfubar »

I personally would only use OEM parts when rebuilding forks, it's not that expensive, it cost me £100.00 for all the bushes, seals, dust seals, washers, spring clips & O rings. After paying £150.00 for re-chromed stantions I didn't want to screw them up to save a few quid. Mine should be better than new now.

Professor
Heavy Smoker

Post by Professor »

Don't forget the plastic rings on the damper rods.

Would be interesting to try a set of cartridge emulators and straight rate springs with shortened bottom out stops.
Hardcore you know the score