Maxxis Goldspeed - opinions?

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
scooble
Premix Junkie

Maxxis Goldspeed - opinions?

Post by scooble »

having previously tried the Michelin Supermoto SM tyres and impressed with their grip, these tyres are becoming quite rare.

I read on several Supermoto forums, that the Maxxis Goldspeed is a popular choice.
Has anyone tried them on a 250, and if so, what do you think?
http://www.maxxis.com/MotorcycleATV/Rac ... M6159.aspx
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I had Continental supermoto tyres once, and they did a perfect job. if the price is right, I wouldn't hessitate to try them out :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

I had the Maxxis Supermaxx Tour on my SV650 and to be quite honest they were superb for the money (£100 all in for both ends) very good feel.
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

I was more interested in the cut slicks for trackday use.
I've heard the Pirelli track tyres are good for bigger bikes, but their sidewall is a little too stiff for a light weight 250.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

alimorg wrote:I had the Maxxis Supermaxx Tour on my SV650 and to be quite honest they were superb for the money (£100 all in for both ends) very good feel.
Cheers
AL
I use the Maxxis Sport tyre on my SV and they are excellent value for money and a good grippy tyre.