Bloody Swinger bolt .

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
Premix Junkie

Bloody Swinger bolt .

Post by 375 »

Done a search and the best method seems to be the sissor jack and frame job, Anyone got anymore ideas ? bike has the engine in and front end in all body work is off.

Tried the hammer but no luck but it turns when you put a socket on the end.
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

lots of penatrating fluid and leave pressure pushing bolt and apply pressure again and again and it will start to move, whats happened is the bolt is jammed in the sleeve, so constant pressure and patience cheers wayne.
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
skinnybob

swing arm bolt

Post by skinnybob »

Tried and tried to get mine out, eventually buzzed it off with a thin disc and the bolt had corroded solid to the inner sleeve, it looked almost like a solid piece, it would have never pressed out.
Professor
Heavy Smoker

cutting

Post by Professor »

You might find it easier with the bike on the floor on its side on a solid block of wood. Some times hammering it in both directings will help work it loose. use a punch or dolly to hammer the pivet so you don't burr it over.

If you have to cut it out some times you can strip everything out of the way and use an angle grinder with a 1mm or 0.8 cutting disc like skinnybob said. you will need to cut it in four places, sometimes I've used a chisel or scewdriver to hold the frame apart slightly to give you more room to cut it.

Use plenty of coppa slip when re-assembling new pivet to prevent it siezing in again.

Happy hammering! 8)
Hardcore you know the score
Jnaus
Heavy Smoker

Post by Jnaus »

I definitely recommend the scissor jack. I spent hours spraying and hammering. Once I set up the scissor jack it was done in 20 mins.