KR1 Main Swingarm Bearing Replacement

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Tambo »

Got them out, but still confused by having 2 bearing per side ??

Managed to make up a wee puller that worked a treat :mrgreen: There's not much edge to try and drift them out - especially the first side.

I turned a bit aluminium down to 28mm (same as spindle), about 25 - 30mm long. Drilled a 7mm hole in the centre, then elongated it to measure 10mm oval top to bottom. Finally cut it in half top to bottom.

You can then slide the halves into the centre of the swing arm, and insert a 10mm threaded rod. This opens the 28mm out to 31mm, which is enough to get a catch on the bearing edge, and draw it out via the threaded rod and a spacer.

Worked great \:D/

Tommy
Kr1s c3, vfr750fg, Dnepr MT11, Pegaso 650
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Brilliant stuff Tommy =D>

Better than the 'rawl bolt' method I've seen put about in recent magazines.
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Tambo »

Got my new bearings from z power (very quick), and popped them in, only to find the chain side is notchy :roll:

Took it back out again - bearing is fine #-o Measured everything, and discovered a 'flat' on the swing arm bearing pocket on the front face !! It's 0.4mm out of round, and with these bearing having such a thin outer, it's just taking up the shape, hence the notchyness.

Can't see any repairs or crash damage (not there anyway :roll: ) Seems strange - anybody else come across this ?

Tommy
Kr1s c3, vfr750fg, Dnepr MT11, Pegaso 650