what is this heat cycle on tyre thing

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
fred
Oil Injector

what is this heat cycle on tyre thing

Post by fred »

what is it ? i buy mich power 1`s cheap scrubbed ,but i dont understand this heat thing ,i thought i would ask here first (T bay adverts are coming up now ,still under the heat cycle) :?:
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

Tyres degrade over time and some things make them degrade quicker such as UV and Ozone, but heat cycles also contribute to this degredation. I think the on a molecular level cross linking occurs between the long chain polymers. However, you could use tyre softener solution to reverse it. It does work as I had a set of really hard inlet rubbers which when soaked for three days come out quite soft.
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

Tyres degrade over time and some things make them degrade quicker such as UV and Ozone, but heat cycles also contribute to this degredation. I think the on a molecular level cross linking occurs between the long chain polymers. However, you could use tyre softener solution to reverse it. It does work as I had a set of really hard inlet rubbers which when soaked for three days come out quite soft.
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

thats a realy good tip cheers
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

Its one of the reasons some use tyre warmers and leave them on,to reduce the amount of heat cycles the tyre goes through and extend there life.
not really something to worry about with a roadbike as they arent subject to high temps like the track produces.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

what compound powerones are they?