F250 2011

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

The EI group should suit him.

I'll probably see him over the weekend, as I want to go watch stars at Darley on Sunday and can probably talk him into coming with me :)
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

2011 provisional dates

Saturday 2nd April Snetterton (New 300 Circuit)
Sunday 3rd April Snetterton (new 300 Circuit)

Sunday 1st May Cadwell Park (full Circuit) New Date
Monday 2nd May Cadwell Park (full Circuit) Bank Holiday New Date

Saturday 4th June Anglesey (Coastal Circuit)
Sunday 5th June Anglesey (Coastal Circuit)

Saturday 2nd July Cadwell Park (full Circuit)
Sunday 3rd July Cadwell Park (Full Circuit)

Saturday 20th August Anglesey (International Circuit)
Sunday 21st August Anglesey (International Circuit)

Saturday 17th September Cadwell Park (Full Circuit)
Sunday 18th September Cadwell Park (Full Circuit)

Saturday 15th October Croft
Sunday 16th October Croft
Last edited by mj43 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Note date change at Croft

So far 25 ring-a-dings have expressed an interest in doing at least one round .

KR's top the list with 7 names down. Know of at least five more that might put in an apperance. Now 12 KR's on track would be a sight :shock:

http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/index.ph ... ntry354019
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I'm not a member of the RGV forum Mark, what's it say?
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

OK for a bit of fun the possibles that have deffo said they might do a round or two if possible (is that vague enough :) )

KR
MJ43, Luders, PL2002, Scooble, Rocket, Andy B, mgtkr1, Caveman

VJ23
Elegy, Grazer

VJ22
Kookimonsta, Sonic, SP73, Matt22, Colin Skillicorn

VJ21
Arch's rider, Mavisravis, London RS250

Aprilia
Steve Saint, MoFo

NSR
Fontyyy, Chester362, Gecko, 2Smoke, Si.Likes.Guiness

TZR
MJ's Guest rider
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

If you boys and girls are at croft next year I will certainly make the effort to get down there.
"Turned out nice again"
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

83 days to the start of the season
si.likes.guiness
Heavy Smoker

Post by si.likes.guiness »

my bike will now be legal as the big carbs are coming off :D
ive seen more tarts than mr kipling
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

I am back - changed email and re-registration got zapped by a spam filter :cry:

Updated list

KR (8)
MJ43, Luders, PL2002, Scooble, Rocket, Andy B, mgtkr1, Caveman

VJ23 (2 + 1?)
Elegy, Grazer, (rumoured that Alan Armour might be out?)

VJ22 (5)
Kookimonsta, Sonic, SP73, Matt22, Colin Skillicorn (Barry B's machine)

VJ21 (3)
Arch's rider, Mavisravis, London RS250

Aprilia (3)
Steve Saint, MoFo, RGVMike

NSR (5)
Fontyyy, Chester362, Gecko, 2Smoke, Si.Likes.Guiness

TZR (1 + 2?)
MJ's Guest rider, Daz3XV?, Andy Bush?

I need to get in touch with Colin Sleigh (KR) to see if he will come out to play it is a long time since he crossed swords with Pete Lodge. I also need to try and persuade Dave Page (KR) to come out and play. Other KR riders Alan Grindey and Dave Stephenson it is a couple of seasons since they came out to play. Would be brill if everybody turned up at the same time over 30 bikes we would get our own grid :shock:
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

A lot of those that have said they will be out in the F250 are only planning on doing 1 or 2 meetings. So it is unlikely that we will see more than 10 to 12 two strokes per meeting. That in itself isn't a bad turn out given the current economic climate etc.

However, I was thinking - always a dangerous thing :lol:

Wouldn't it be nice if in between all their plans everybody tried to make one particular meeting. The one I have in mind is the July Cadwell - chances of good weather are high (touch wood), excellent circuit accessible to most, long days and warm nights = good barbecue. I will organise a corner of the paddock for the two stokes to all congregate in the same area and a barbecue for Saturday night after the handicap race.

Handicap race?

As an incentive for people to make this meeting I am going to ask the club to put on an extra two stroke handicap race. To be run at the end of the day on Saturday. The way it works is the club works out who the slowest and fastest riders are based on your times during the days normal races. It then sets them off the grid slowest first with a delay between riders such that they should all end up at the finish line at the same time. So if rider A is 10 seconds a lap slower than rider B for a 6 lap race rider A would be released 60 seconds before rider B. This race would be open to anybody on a two stroke and entry for the handicap race will be free :D

I mention this now so that.
A) people can plan for it - put the date in your calendar now 2/3 July
B) I get to know how many would be interested - please indicate if you are up for this.
C) So I can sell the idea to the club - it won't work if we only get the standard 10 to 12 riders but will if I can get 25+ of the over 30 that have said they will come out in F250 in 2011.

There is a slight problem with this plan - if as many 250's turn up as hoped for, then the chances are that they all won't fit on the F400 grid. If this becomes a problem what I will propose to the club is we run the F250 round within the mini-thunderbikes grid (basically it will be all 250 machines) and then those that are doing the F400 can do that as their extra class.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I would be willing to commit 90% that I can attend this event and it sounds like a great idea Mark.

Be a good chance for other forum members to come over and offer some support too.
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Rich Glover has been busy :D

Hope you can make it Ben, if it comes off should be a great day out.

Colin Sleigh and Daryl Taylor (both KR) leading Iain MacDonald (VJ23), Dan Williams (NSR), Fontyy and Rocket (KR)
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

In 2010 at a number of meetings, to give riders what they want - race time, Derby Phoenix ran 5 races rather than the usual 4. Riders loved the extra race time but weren't that keen on the ad hoc nature the extra races were announced.

So for 2011 the 5 Race format has been fixed before the start of the season and it will be adopted at the circuits where it is possible to get the extra races in - a 25% increase in the number of races for the same money :D

For more details on the 5 Race format check the http://www.dpmcc.co.uk/news.cfm?id=141

Remember on top of the 5 race format entry for a second class is just £30 per day and the club offers a good selection of classes, including the new for 2011 Early Injection 600 and 1000 classes.

Derby Phoenix is doing what it does best, offering riders more smiles per mile.

For more details contact Jim Hinchliff on 01623 636880

Derby Phoenix - nulli secundus
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

DP are offering an introduction scheme basically £30 off for the new member and £30 off for the member introducing them - so a saving of £60.
Can I suggest those of you that were not members with DP last season and are thus eligible for this discount buddy up with those that were and save yourself a few pence. It isn't much but would cover say the fuel bill for a weekends racing :)

http://www.derbyphoenix.co.uk/phpBB3/vi ... bd003ec046
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Anyone need a buddy?