New tandem twin owner

The place to talk about your Tandem!
peleno2

New tandem twin owner

Post by peleno2 »

Hi, just thought i"d introduce myself as the new owner of Gary Pullingers Kr250!
I"ve a couple of small jobs to sort before i take it out, one being replacing the chain and probably rear sprocket while i"m at it. Can anybody recommend a particular paddock stand or are they all the same? I"m not used to not having a centre stand being a longtime Kawasaki triple nut, so i don"t want to go out and buy one that takes all the paint off my frame before i even start!
I"m based in Bradford, West Yorks and get over to the Squires Bar at Sherburn approx 3 or 4 times a year and always do the VJMC at Lotherton Hall in July. I was going to take my recently restored Kh250 B5, but if i get sorted over the next month i"ll take the tandem to the show.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Mark. :roll:
PS. All credit to Gary whom has obviously cherished and polished it for many years!
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Re: New tandem twin owner

Post by Howie »

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have a Kr250, just a common as muck Kr1 :twisted:

And a 1s project thats taking forever.

Love to see a pic or two of your Kh250 8) I love triples, I just don't have the funds to buy one at the mo :(
There's nothin' worse than a blabber-mouth cat
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Welcome Mark,

I'm jealous that you have the KR250A but I'm really pleased that it sounds like its found a great home with your other kwacks. I will look out for it at the shows and say hello!

All the best
Shaun
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
dougindoors
Heavy Smoker

Post by dougindoors »

hi mark, welcome to the kr tandem world, the 250a has a special padock stand , but i use a standard sealy one. works for me! check out my posts, "finally started" u might find it intresteing, lol. only been 4 years in the making. looking forward to riding mine, rare birds and should be cherished. last one i saw for sale on fleabay sold for over 4.5 k ,so u got a bargain, if i had seen garys ad sooner i would have had her, u got a blinder at good price. any help i can offer is there just ask. i dont need a workshop manual (sorry tim!!) any more sort out kinda know these inside out now. lol. welcome. doug
1984 Kawasaki KR250A
no projects, OOPS!1987 Kawasaki AR125B4
Every 2 in 1 poeple are schizophrenic
If you can not fix it with a hammer it must be electrical
2 Smokey and they bandit
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

Glad you like the bike, Mark! :D
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
peleno2

Post by peleno2 »

Thanks guys for the welcome!
I will try my pals paddock stand and see if it works.
As for the pics of my triples, i can"t even put them on the KH forum, i have to email another member with my pics then let them put the pics on. I"m just not that computer literate, sorry!
If anybody can help, i"ll gladly email them a couple of pics.
I will hopefully get to the KR in a couple of weeks, but our 2013 Scotland tour is set for this Thursday, me on the Kh250, and my other pals on Suzuki X7 and h***a 400 dream, 750 miles over 4 days up the west coast of Scotland, cut across at Alexandria/balloch, to finish last nite in Jedburgh with approx 170 miles back down to Bradford. Just hoping for some decent weather as my Kh will be popping and banging at the first signs of a downpour! :lol:
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Sounds lie a smashing trip there Mark... Hope the weather is kind to you and the l'il KH 8)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Hi Mark. Glad you've popped up on here. Congratulations again on buying Gary's KR.

There was an official KR paddock stand you could buy as a factory option in Japan when new. Obviously you'd have to be a complete sad anorak to track one down 25 years later and have it shipped over. Here's a photo of mine... :mrgreen:

Until then, I just used a generic cheap paddock stand from an autojumble which works fine. Take care you don't scratch the lower silencer, otherwise you can't really go wrong.

Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
peleno2

Post by peleno2 »

Thanks for that Tim, i"ll try my pals and see if its ok. No, I"m not that sad, that"ll try and track one down! :oops:
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

peleno2 wrote:Thanks for that Tim, i"ll try my pals and see if its ok. No, I"m not that sad, that"ll try and track one down! :oops:
Not yet.....but we will wait and see :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
peleno2

Post by peleno2 »

No Bernie, i won"t be trawling Japan ebay... i"ll just wait for a show over here and i"ll acquire one!!! :lol: :lol:
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Here are a couple of photos of Marks trip......

A few words from you now Mark....
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
peleno2

Post by peleno2 »

500bernie wrote:Here are a couple of photos of Marks trip......

A few words from you now Mark....
Thanks for that Bernie, much appreciated.

First Piccy,last day on our 4 day Scotland tour (Sunday morn),just below Jedburgh at the border point, my kh250, Pauls nicely restored X7 and Nigels 400 h***a!

Second piccy of the kh. Its a B2 with a B3 paintset on it. The spannies are from Mick Abbey of Harrogate. I had a Kh250 with a flowline fabrication bodykit on it, and i had Mick make me some that looked the same, think they could have been Le Sport?
The bikes covered 760 miles and never missed a beat between them, it does go well with the pipes on it which ain"t bad for a stroker thats covered over 40K!.
Third piccy is my recently restored B5, one of the last 150 made and registered on a "Y" plate 1983.
Its not concourse but superb, as i wanted to use it regularly, although it does have a charging problem at the mo, and the Boyer seems to be flattening the battery very quickly, so i do need to sort it.
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Hello Mark
Good to see you have joined this forum.

Thats alot of miles covered on an old stroker =D> hope the weather held out for you.

I wonder how many of the 150 B5 models are left, whats your plan on yours ditch the boyer.

You been out for a spin on the Kr yet,

Paul
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
peleno2

Post by peleno2 »

Hi Paul,
Yes the weather was superb, bit overcast on sunday, but at least it stayed dry. I"ve done that run 4 times now on the Kh, (it was featured a couple of years ago in Classic & mechanics along with a Z650), and it just seems to soak it up. We are talking about going right upto Fort William, Malaig and Lochalsh next year, but will hopefully taking my Z650C as 1200 miles in 5 days is a bit too much for the kh.
As for the Boyer, it works fine on the Z, but the charging systems on the Kh"s are at best poor, and to be honest if the Boyer fails, the bike stops, whereas if a set of points fail, it will run on 2, so you can get home. :)