kr250 in a yz400 frame (build)

The place to talk about your Tandem!
hybrid250

kr250 in a yz400 frame (build)

Post by hybrid250 »

Hi lads new to the forum and tandum twinns i thort some of you may be interested in my project bike(sorry in advance if i offend some here) by putting a kr engine into a yz fram but i got the motor from ebay cheap as one thing led to anouther and naw its a dirt bike.serching online i have noticed that some people love to hate the early tandum twinns saying they are a grinade waiting to explode i dont think thats fair to say like any 2t engine they need to be rebuilt and maintained or like any motor will fail. eneywaysi think its a awsome little thing compact light and fast whats not to like so will post some pics for you guys
hybrid250

Re: kr250 in a yz400 frame (build)

Post by hybrid250 »

Got it going today and ride it for the first time well a little ride but it was awsome what a sweet engine verry punchy
hybrid250

Re: kr250 in a yz400 frame (build)

Post by hybrid250 »

Ok got the bike going and i have ridden it a few times but the damm crank seals are gone so naw i have decided to give it a freshen up when i removed the clutch side engine cover there was little pieces of rubber everywhere but all the sea on the rotery valve covers are intact but there is no seals right beside the mains is this the ones that are scaterd threw my oil.