Match for Green caliper paint + aftermarket seal supplier?

The place to talk about your Tandem!
Richie Rich
Light Smoker

Match for Green caliper paint + aftermarket seal supplier?

Post by Richie Rich »

Has anyone found a good colour match for the green paint used on the calipers by chance? I've just stripped mine to clean and a lot of the paint has flaked off so they really need to be painted. Toying with the idea of painting them black but then it's not original...

Also may as well rebuild them while they're off - can't seem to locate any aftermarket supplier of rebuild kits for these calipers but I assume they are the same as some other Kawasaki calipers off more popular models? Otherwise I'll try my luck with genuine.

As always appreciate any advice from those with more experience of this model.

Cheers, Richard.
1983 RZ350K
1984 KR250A
1985 GSXR750F
1989 TZR250 3MA
2010 Street Triple 675
dougindoors
Heavy Smoker

Re: Match for Green caliper paint + aftermarket seal supplie

Post by dougindoors »

seals are stillavialble gpz 750 are the same i think i have resealed mine check the part no's on tims site as for the paint ?????? green? i think its gonna be a match job 2 pack is the way forward cos they are ali.
1984 Kawasaki KR250A
no projects, OOPS!1987 Kawasaki AR125B4
Every 2 in 1 poeple are schizophrenic
If you can not fix it with a hammer it must be electrical
2 Smokey and they bandit
Richie Rich
Light Smoker

Post by Richie Rich »

dougindoors wrote:seals are stillavialble gpz 750 are the same i think i have resealed mine check the part no's on tims site as for the paint ?????? green? i think its gonna be a match job 2 pack is the way forward cos they are ali.
Thanks Doug, picked up genuine seals from my local Kawasaki shop - so used to sourcing complete kits via aftermarket and assumed that would be the easiest route - not with this bike it seems.

Looks like I'll be off to the paint shop to match the paint - unless I go with black... Might even paint one black to see how it looks... :shock:
1983 RZ350K
1984 KR250A
1985 GSXR750F
1989 TZR250 3MA
2010 Street Triple 675
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

My calipers are a sort of dull gold colour. I repainted them with random gold paint but they look a bit 'bling' so next time I'll put more effort in. :D
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
MichaelTage

Match for Green caliper paint aftermarket seal supplier

Post by MichaelTage »

Im thinking of getting an after market hood, are there any good shops in Waco that would be able to paint match it for a decent price?