My award-winning KR...

The place to talk about your Tandem!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

My award-winning KR...

Post by StrokerBoy »

I took my KR to the 2-Stroke Day at CMC on Sunday. It got a fair bit of interest, despite much more exotic stuff nearby, and when the trophies for favourite bike were announced I was amazed to get 7th place ! :shock:

Top-Shaggy's as-new AR125 deservedly got 2nd and he was kind enough to let me have a spin on it afterwards. 8)

Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
enduras_wr200
Light Smoker

Re: My award-winning KR...

Post by enduras_wr200 »

Congratulations to both of you! Both bikes are awesome. But to be honest I believe that the AR125 got the 2nd place as it was one of the dream bikes for most teenagers back then. The KR was.... unknown! Top Shaggy, I don't want to reduce the value of your bike at all, I consider it a great bike, but I have to support mine! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats gents!

Cheers, Fanis
Under a pale grey (or blue) sky we (2Strokers) shall arise
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

The fact that over 250 two strokes turned up on the day made it very special.. Tim's gorgeous KR was the only one there and looked the biz ...

Four V-due's at the event on the sane day! More common than a common thing.. :wink: 8)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Well done guys =D>
Hawk
Heavy Smoker

Post by Hawk »

Luders wrote:Well done guys =D>
+1
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

^^^ Niice

any use to you lot...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbi ... 440827.htm
extremely rare over here (as is RG250)
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Very nice KR-1R..

Wish it was an auction in the UK :roll: :cry:
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

but as always with sad bike shows that are false. [as long as the bike is taxed]
don't mean this to shaun or tim as they are nice blokes.
but showing bikes is a load of shit,
I showed my kr1 b2 at Stafford. one of the best bikes there. it got a award,but because they found out it was,nt taxed, they changed there mind and removed the rosette

some people show there bikes. and I don't.
and the first time I do. this is what happens
AND I HAVE THE BEST .SMARTEST , SHINYEST KR1B2 PROB IN THE COUNTRY and I don't blow my trmpet but what I have written is a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
WightWizard
Heavy Smoker

Post by WightWizard »

Good on yer Shaun & Tim! You've got to be in it to win it! As you both know there's lots of nice bikes out there but most people (me included) don't have the gumption to show them. Yours are both top drawer. I applaud you! =D>

Darren - WightWizard.

My Nan once told me there were 22 players and one referee on the pitch, plus ten thousand people shouting from the sidelines that they/their Nan/their one eyed cat/whatever could do better, if one of those was invited onto the pitch they would suddenly find that their, ahem, skills were found wanting. I, along with one or two others, look on in envy. Obviously the referee is a wan
If I hold it a millisecond longer I'll get it back, ground, sky, ground, sky, ground.....
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

I am in the side lines. NOT
BUT WHAT YOU DONT KNOW DARRAN. ALOT OF SHOWS [STAFFORD I KNOW OF] ARE FIXED
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
WightWizard
Heavy Smoker

Post by WightWizard »

Hi Martin,

Call me devil's advocate then, how do you know? Can you prove it?

I agree that there must be all sorts of possibilities, and course that could be the case that they are fixed but it's just possible that they might not be.

Obviously if I'm married to the judges daughter, got him off a drink driving charge by claiming it was me (sober) driving, loaned him £20K to make his mistress go away, and serviced and maintained his 25 year old two stroke then it might put me in a more favourable light. Alternatively; if I turned up as his twenty year old daughter revealed that she was no longer a virgin, it was going to be twins, and that I was her 'sugar daddy' it may be possible that the prize and hell freezing over might have to co-incide.

I'm sat on the fence. Of course it happens. But sometimes it might not. How do you tell? I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience Martin. I'm happy to hear of Tim and Shaun's experience.

Regards,

Darren - WightWizard.
If I hold it a millisecond longer I'll get it back, ground, sky, ground, sky, ground.....
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

martin wrote:ALOT OF SHOWS [STAFFORD I KNOW OF] ARE FIXED
I doubt that Martin. As I understand it (I'm not part of any organising body or judging committee) one of the rules of that show was that bikes receiving a trophy had to show a current tax-disc. I guess that's intended to ensure that all winning bikes are legal and actually used on the road, rather than just being a show-queen built to win a trophy ? Your bike didn't show a tax-disc so it didn't qualify for an award. That's it. I wasn't even aware of that rule until you kicked off that weekend. I was just a showgoing punter for years and I've been an exhibitor at Stafford every year since 2006. I show my bikes off purely to have a good weekend with my mates and to let the punters see a bike they may not have seen before. I was very grateful that you brought your lovely KR1 along and helped our stand look as good as it did - in my opinion it's still the best display Diff'rent Strokers has ever done. If I'd realised it was all about winning for you then I'd have looked into the rules and sent you the relevant details up front, but no-one's ever been bothered before. Please accept my apologies for that.

The CMC show (this thread) was an informal meet where everyone who turned up simply voted for their 3 favourite bikes. I'm surprised my KR was recognised. Maybe everyone loved it, maybe they'd never seen one before, maybe they just felt sorry for me having to ride it home, I don't know. I didn't vote for it myself by the way, so hopefully that allays any suggestions of possible corruption.

Interestingly, the top-end classic car world has moved away from over-restored shiny ornaments in favour of originality and patina. "It's only original once" as they say. A rusty DB5 that's emerged from a barn covered in 20 years of dust and rat piss is worth more than one that's been stripped down to every last nut and made better than Aston Martin ever could...
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Nice bike Tim, well worth a vote :)

Well I am not hoping for or expecting an award for mine at Japfest, it is (or was) a motivation thing, if I didn't have a target date, it would still not be finished.
(Well it's still not finished, but will be for the show)

Looking forward to seeing the bikes and some more forum members.

Cheers
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

My motivation for doing the jap bike fest show, was to show some unique and rare bikes, that some people may have never seen before and also get together with like minded enthusiasts and have a bit of a pissup :D
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

Luders wrote:My motivation for doing the jap bike fest show, was to show some unique and rare bikes, that some people may have never seen before and also get together with like minded enthusiasts and have a bit of a pissup :D
Sounds good to me... :D
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5