worth it?

The place to talk about your Tandem!
aussieboy
lurker

worth it?

Post by aussieboy »

Hay guys, New to the motorbike game but I have a 1984 kr250A in a very sad state, I got it a few years ago all disassembled but I think most of it is there. Is in need of a new engine but I really don't no what else is missing.
Just wanna no what they are really worth in Australia and if it's worth the rebuild. Or should I wait and c if another complete one pops up?
James P
Oil Injector

Re: worth it?

Post by James P »

If you need a new engine, is this any good to you?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KAWASAKI-KR2 ... 508wt_1106

I wouldn't call it cheap, but the price isn't outrageous if its in good nick.

Regards,
James
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Seems like a bargain to me. How much do they normally go for? I can't imagine complete engines with loom, pipes and radiator come up very often to compare?
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

Luders wrote:Seems like a bargain to me. How much do they normally go for? I can't imagine complete engines with loom, pipes and radiator come up very often to compare?
I still wouldn't call it "cheap" Ben, but the price is reasonable enough for me to buy it if I needed it! You're right - they don't crop up very often.

There is quite a bit of other KR250A stuff on Australian Ebay which doesn't seem to sell, despite being reasonably priced - I suppose the market isn't very big. I still have two KR250A throttle cables for sale at prices I thought reasonable, but nobody seems to want them :( .

Regards,
James
aussieboy
lurker

Post by aussieboy »

Yea I am actually watching this on eBay at the moment, wasn't sure it ur was the same engine or not as I no the kr1s runs a different one. If it is correct for a kr250a I mifht look into it, and it is only about an hr away from my bike lol