Free gaskets !

The place to talk about your Tandem!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Free gaskets !

Post by StrokerBoy »

Well, kind of... :wink:

I've scanned in a set of new genuine gaskets and put them on my site. The idea is you print them off (at 100% size ! :roll: ) and use them to cut your own gaskets out of a sheet of gasket paper.

Obviously you can't do that for the head gasket but I've included it anyway as it may help you find a suitable alternative from another model or something.

By the way, I'm not accepting any responsibility if you use these and then your bike blows up... :lol:

Click the little pics below to open up the big scans :

Image Image Image Image Image
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

Brilliant idea :D Any chance of doing it for a KR-1s?
I'm always up for ways of saving money (I'm a Yorkshireman who just happens to live down south)

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

That is Genius!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
Whaka_man

Post by Whaka_man »

do you still have these gaskets, please email me and let me know if you could post them on

regards
Whaka_man
Rob Abbott
Perth Western Australia
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Whaka_man wrote:do you still have these gaskets, please email me and let me know if you could post them on

regards
Whaka_man
I think youve missed the point here.
If you read the post properly, youll see that he's NOT giving away actual gaskets, he's giving you the means of makeing your own gaskets.
Just thought I'd clear that up for you.

Cheers, Scott.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Was reminded of an important lesson today whilst makeing a generator gasket for my Tandem....... "measure twice, cut once" :oops:

Unfortunately I made the mistake of printing out the template and then went straight into cutting out the gasket. It wasn't until I finished cutting and went to fit it that I realised it was too big. #-o
After measuring it I found that I had to print it out at 97% to get it to the correct size (don't assume yours will be the same, and be sure to measure it for yourself).

Just thought it wise to post this as a warning to others so they don't make the same dumb mistake I did. :roll:

Still, a great big thankyou to Tim for taking the time to scan them and post them up. =D> =D> =D> =D>
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

Bikemike wrote: Any chance of doing it for a KR-1s?
viewtopic.php?t=4385 :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

ScottaKR wrote:Was reminded of an important lesson today whilst makeing a generator gasket for my Tandem....... "measure twice, cut once" :oops:

Unfortunately I made the mistake of printing out the template and then went straight into cutting out the gasket. It wasn't until I finished cutting and went to fit it that I realised it was too big. #-o
After measuring it I found that I had to print it out at 97% to get it to the correct size (don't assume yours will be the same, and be sure to measure it for yourself).

Just thought it wise to post this as a warning to others so they don't make the same dumb mistake I did. :roll:

Still, a great big thankyou to Tim for taking the time to scan them and post them up. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Oops, sorry Scott ! :oops:

I suppose it depends on what software/printer/driver you've got - sometimes mine tries to add a border to your print so you get something smaller than you wanted. So yes, please double-check before you start cutting the gasket paper. :lol:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.