KR for sale

The place to talk about your Tandem!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

KR for sale

Post by StrokerBoy »

Another dealer selling another KR. Looks in good nick, missing the rear silencer heatshield as usual. Can't decide if it's been resprayed or if their shop lighting is just a bit weird.

I went to Jem Speed Shop a couple of years ago, they had an interesting selection of older bikes for sale. Since then they've rebranded themselves as a sort of destination venue - as well as bikes for sale, there's an onsite burger shop, bar, tattooist and barber, and they have regular meets of both bikes and cars...
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Re: KR for sale

Post by Top-shaggy »

Registered 1990?

Looks in good condition...wonder if it starts..lol
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Looking through the listings , they are selling a"collection" some nice little strokers. Its not too far from me so I may pop over.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Just looked at the KR againits listed as a 1990, yet the DVLA mot checker dates it at 1985. Also one mot in KM the other miles.
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

They only built tandem-twins between 1984-87. Plenty of 'em sat around unsold in showrooms, eventually getting a numberplate when someone finally bought it. This one's on a G-plate, so they're saying it's 1990. Gary's was on an A-plate I believe ?

I've got plenty of inconsistent MOT's that flick between miles and kilometers too. :lol: Lazy MOT testers. Think there's only one bike in the garage with an MPH clock rather than KMH...
Yamaha RD350LC,
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

If you're referring to my old bike, it was on an X-plate. Alledgedly it stood in it's crate for 16 years before being registered.

I saw the ad and first thought it was my old bike but closer examination says it isn't. Different reg and mine had the heat shield.
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

the KR kid wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:39 am If you're referring to my old bike, it was on an X-plate.
I was. Hmm, I've seen one on a A-plate somewhere. Not that it really matters.
Yamaha RD350LC,
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Well guys I popped into jems today. I saw the V5 for the KR it is 1990. From my Kr1s experience it looks fairly straight. In answer to stroker boys point I dont think its a respray as the white is a lovely cream patina. The speedo is kms. All the strokers , Kr, Kr1s Rd350 LCs X 4 are the owners personal bikes that went on sale yesterday. The little RD 200 I wanted to see was sold😕

The KR1s wasnt too tidy, it had strange graphics on the tail and on the tank. The engine didnt look like it had turned in a while and I think the fairing was grp.

If you go on Facebook they have a page with a nice video showing the current bikes. The food in the cafe was great and they serve good coffee. Reading up on them they have has a £2million cash investment from HSBC

Steve
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Binetta Steve wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 3:57 pm Well guys I popped into jems today. I saw the V5 for the KR it is 1990. In answer to stroker boys point I dont think its a respray as the white is a lovely cream patina. The speedo is kms.
They never did a MPH speedo.

Did you get a tattoo and a haircut while you were there ? :lol:
Yamaha RD350LC,
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Tattoo haircut , hipster beard implant , open faced helmet skinny mochachino and a harley brochure, and I only popped in to ask directions to Tesco!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Ha ha !
Yamaha RD350LC,