Addictive

The place to talk about your Tandem!
kiwikr250

Addictive

Post by kiwikr250 »

Well I put both KR'S up for sale :roll: ,but made the mistake of one last ride,both KR's withdrawn, :oops: now in the process of sorting choke cable prior to run to Paeroa for street race meeting :D got the wife following with Nissan Truck :oops: just to carry gear and a place to lock helmets :lol: John
gotta smoke
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hi John,
Welcome aboard. :mrgreen:
Got some pics mate?

The old Tandems certainly are fun when theyre behaving themselves (unlike mine today :x )

If you havnt already, check out Tim's site kr250.org
Heaps of good stuff on there.

Cheers, Scott
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

Hi John and welcone to the forum.
i'm looking at moving to nz myself in 08.
sounds like theres a healthy 2 stroke following down there

paeroa, is that the new circiut they built?
the one where they hold the A1 gp's?
kiwikr250

Kiwi stuff

Post by kiwikr250 »

Nope Paeroa is a street circuit in the shape of a hacksaw,the 1000's are exceeding 240 k's on the long straight.The 2 stroke scene is very much alive and well. check, trademe .co.nz, water buckets Hi and the odd H2 lots of smaller Suzuki triples, all listed for auction, for info and some crap on the NZ scene try kiwibikers.co.nz John[/img]
gotta smoke
kiwikr250

Bloody KR"S

Post by kiwikr250 »

Well fitted new choke cable,genuine part,then spent 4hours each way, chasing ST4 and a Compressor (Buell) Little shit held it's own, but the smoke,had spent the previous 5 weeks round town under 4grand so when it got hot!!!Going to pull dampers this week,have a total of 7 so should be able to set two up correctly.Will stop fat balding 55+ male panting down the road,and also that moment when it lights up on full noise and my full noise is not as quick.How do you stop lower pipe scraping, is there a fixe John
gotta smoke
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

hey John,
What's the pipe scraping on mate?
The stock forks really do work well after a rebuild and maybe just some heavier oil. I had mine done by proffesionals but don't know the specs so can't offer advice on oil weight etc.
Also, the factory anti-dive is worth keeping (if it's not badly damaged), so when you rebuild the forks take some time to go over the andti-dive too.

Also it'd be great to see some pics.

Cheers mate, Scott.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Hi John.

Glad you decided to stick with the KR's. :D

Ain't much you can do with the lower exhaust - move it in and it then catches on the swingarm. :( Hang off more on right-handers. :lol: Or wind the rear suspension up hard and, erm, go on a diet... :oops:

The anti-dive units are OK but they can seize up easily so it's worth stripping 'em to make sure everything's moving.

Got any pics of you racing it ? 8)

Tim.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
kiwikr250

Post by kiwikr250 »

Jesus mate I'm nearly 60 so no racing,it tends to scrape on full power 2nd gear tight turns,will have to move the aged body more, but I have three sets of pipes so may just let the bastard wear.Did front forks 6 months ago and yep anti dive siezed but sorted. Have another set of forks I may have a play with.Fitted correctly set up dampers,jury is still out has started first or second kick hot or cold since, but then it has for awhile in the past,has improved, I think, the just warm starting,when it dosen't need choke but just may.Time will tell,going round the montain sunday, 160 ks and pub stops, so will see, all the best guys John
gotta smoke