Apology

The place to talk about your Tandem!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Apology

Post by StrokerBoy »

Got a tax-disc reminder through for the KR. That means the MOT is due too. Looked at the certificate and saw that the mileage had increased by 6km in a year. :oops:

Had a think about it and realised that the last time I'd had it running was at the Uttoxeter show last July - Fred said he'd never heard one before so I put that right. :wink:

Booked it in for an MOT and gave it the once-over the night before. Tyres were flat, rear brake was sticking on and front brakes were very soggy, lever right back to the bar. Fixed all those. Gearbox oil still leaking from the gear-lever shaft seal but level still OK in the sight glass, looks worse than it is. All electrics still working properly, bike is on an Optimate charger. Splash of fresh fuel.

Next day, started after 5 or 6 kicks, rode the long way to the bike shop, half expected it to fail on something but it passed. Started again first kick (yeah, I know :shock: ), back home again the long way round. Clutch started dragging but should be able to adjust that out. Taxed again for another 12 months.

Anyway, it's not the fastest or best-handling bike I own but it put a big smile on my face riding it again and I promise not to neglect it as much from now on. :D Too many non-Kawasaki's clogging the garage up... :roll:

Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Re: Apology

Post by ScottaKR »

StrokerBoy wrote:Next day, started after 5 or 6 kicks, rode the long way to the bike shop, half expected it to fail on something but it passed. Started again first kick (yeah, I know :shock:

Does that mean youve finally done the cam dampers :?: :lol:
StrokerBoy wrote: Anyway, it's not the fastest or best-handling bike I own but it put a big smile on my face riding it again and I promise not to neglect it as much from now on. :D
Yeah, they sure do put a big grin on ya dial. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
StrokerBoy wrote:Too many non-Kawasaki's clogging the garage up... :roll:
Maybe get rid of that daggy old TZR and get yourself a KR1. :-s :mrgreen:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Re: Apology

Post by StrokerBoy »

ScottaKR wrote:
StrokerBoy wrote:Next day, started after 5 or 6 kicks, rode the long way to the bike shop, half expected it to fail on something but it passed. Started again first kick (yeah, I know :shock:

Does that mean youve finally done the cam dampers :?: :lol:
Nope. I was ready to try the 'fix' of moving the bike around in gear to take the play out of the cranks but didn't need to. Still on the 'To Do' list though. :wink:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Its easily done. I use the bike that's easiest to get out, then I thought get the kr out, & find the back tyres flat. Bugger. So I now use the bike that's easiest to get out & hasn't got a puncture. :) Alan.
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat