Real deal ebay bargain

The place to talk about your Tandem!
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Real deal ebay bargain

Post by TwoStroke Institute »

LINK

The real deal couldn't believe I saw this 1 day to go starting bid $99 no bids. Ticks all the boxes. :D
crochet & croquet
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Biggest problem with those cart motors is that the sprocket is mounted on the wrong side of the engine for a KR. Of course you could probably monkey around with the rear end of the bike to make it suit if you really wanted to.
Would certainly make an old KR get up and boogie though. :twisted:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

ScottaKR wrote:Biggest problem with those cart motors is that the sprocket is mounted on the wrong side of the engine for a KR.
Aprilia RS125 rear end

Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

I think you will find a Rotax 256 was used in many many motorcycles dating back to Armstrong's in the very early 80's, then through to the first Aprilia GP 250's until 1990 or so when the first Jan Witteveen(genreflect) designed V twin came out. The V twin still used the same cylinders

http://www.europark.com/rmac/ny-apr250_1990.htm
crochet & croquet
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Quick update have located a copy of the JJ Cobas frame, tank and fairing moulds. From the engine number a contact in the US told me the history of the engine has a motorcycle gearbox(instead of kart) all looks good inside. Best thing is new parts are easily available and cheap, $75USD for a piston,ring, gudgeon and clips!
crochet & croquet
Sheik Yerbouti
Heavy Smoker

Post by Sheik Yerbouti »

It ended ages ago though dude. If it still happens to be around give me a hoy.
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Have the engine at a friends place in the US ATM, have sourced a frame close to you so expect a call when I come to organise freight, got a set of RS 250 forks, just wheels and triple clamps to go.
There are 2 Armstrongs here both punch out 70HP weigh 90 odd kgs :lol:
This has PV's hopefully Aprilia RS 125 RAVE valves fit it which should see us around 75HP with a fat bottom end. Gearbox ratio's are so close, top 3 gears rpm drop is about 500-600rpm.
crochet & croquet
Sheik Yerbouti
Heavy Smoker

Post by Sheik Yerbouti »

haha so you're not intending to ride it to work then?
Got the models almost done to fit my gsexr 1000 forks to the KR. Should get some time to make em over christmas. Havent got a bottom end apart to make the new disk valve plates yet.... You know how slack I am by now :roll: