KR fairings

The place to talk about your Tandem!
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

KR fairings

Post by 250 drummie »

Did some of the KR tandem twins come out with just the top fairing and some with both the top and an additional piece to join up to the belly pan. I have just bought a KR 250 A 85 model according to the seller. I will be getting it Thursday and have been doing some searching for parts as the top fairing is missing. Most of the pictures I have seen have been with the complete fairing but there have been a few with just the top piece. Suggestions anyone?.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

The little filler panels that join the top fairing and belly pan are often missing/broken. I'm pretty sure they were fitted to all KR's. I've never had them fitted to mine (the ones that came with it were badly broken), and I even trimmed back the lower section of the top fairng when I first rebuilt it. I've since taken that off too and gone naked instead though. It's all a matter of taste. :mrgreen:
Cheers, Scott.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

Post by 250 drummie »

I have to get one from the wreckers so I will see what they have, but I agree they look better without it.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

I've still got a standard green/white top fairing somewhere (think it's in my mates shed :roll: ), but it's a little rough from memory. Postage for such an awkward item would probably suck though.
KR1 Red/White
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Yeah, you see quite a few without the fairing sides 'cos they're hard to find and fragile in the first place. Took the bellypan off mine last week and the bottom of the LH side-fairing crumbled apart. Bodged it back together with superglue and some reinforcing plastic strip.

All KR's were sold new with the same full bodywork, but 20 years on you see some creative modifications that look 'factory', like Tono's naked one.

I've got a couple of (damaged) top fairings but no side-fairings. They come up for sale on Yahoo Auctions Japan now and again though. Lots of top fairings on there !
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Tim, I still need to send you some new pics of my KR for your site since I've finally finished the conversion. Just need to give it a good detail first, but they'll be on the way soon. :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

ScottaKR wrote:Tim, I still need to send you some new pics of my KR for your site since I've finally finished the conversion. Just need to give it a good detail first, but they'll be on the way soon. :mrgreen:
Looking forward to seeing it. :D

Wish I had something to say about my own bikes. Although I was just given a complete top-end and assorted engine parts to add to my stash. Square-four anyone ? :wink:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

or a rectangle 6 :mrgreen:
dougindoors
Heavy Smoker

KR FAIRING

Post by dougindoors »

Hi Drummie
try thes people via ebay they recently had quite a few kr250 parts on fleabay, located in south Aus. ebay name as follows. 2wheelrecyclers
good luck
1984 Kawasaki KR250A
no projects, OOPS!1987 Kawasaki AR125B4
Every 2 in 1 poeple are schizophrenic
If you can not fix it with a hammer it must be electrical
2 Smokey and they bandit
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

Post by 250 drummie »

Thanks for the tip.
smithyrc30
Heavy Smoker

Post by smithyrc30 »

There is a place in Dandenong Victoria that has some KR250 stuff, not sure of it has all the parts you are after, but would be worth a call.

Dandenong Motorcycle Wreckers, can dig out the number if you want it.