Has this ever happened to anyone else

The place to talk about your Tandem!
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

Has this ever happened to anyone else

Post by 250 drummie »

I just put my Tandem back together two weeks ago and it has been in the same spot since with a bike cover over it. Yesterday when I lifted the cover to show a mate the bike the bottom of the top fairing on the right side had shattered and some of it was lying on the ground but most of it was just held together by the paint. The corner piece about 75 x 75 have broken off completley and it had cracked through to the radiator cap cover and all along the bottom like it was smashed iwth a hammer.
Now no one was near the bike and on that side of the bike was the MVX so it couldnt of been hit. The fairing panel did not have any repairs and the mounting bolts were all loose. The only thing we can think of is that the heat under the cover caused it :-k but I am not happy with that explaination. It was hot here last week.
Is this a job for Mulder and Skully.
Sheik Yerbouti
Heavy Smoker

Post by Sheik Yerbouti »

Dont reckon it was the heat. If anything, that would just make the plastic go soft. Sounds more like it took a hit from something. Do you have kids? If so, you may get an answer like " A big cow... pushed me"
:P
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Sounds odd. :shock:

Although last time I refitted my bellypan, the bottom bit of the fairing sidepanel broke off, the bit with the lug on. Didn't snap or crack, just kinda crumbled away into 3 or 4 pieces. Must have gone soft through age or something. :?

Can't blame the heat though, we never get any. :lol:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

Post by 250 drummie »

No kids here thankfully and the bike was at work out of the way. I doubt the heat also. I was thinking about it last night and only one other person was near the bike and its near the door so here is the theory. As there are no mirrors on the bike and the fairing was only fixed by the bottom mounts and they were loose someone must have bumped the fairing and caused the panel to snap but I also think the plastic is fatigued.
Anyway I have another panel its just a pain in the ass. ](*,)
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »