seat unit

The place to talk about your Tandem!
corky
Oil Injector

seat unit

Post by corky »

Now this is what i fancy fitting to mine...
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/kawiz/kr250.htm
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

there used to be a company called Zbutts who did a similar but better looking one and they were a uk company
Stormdragon

Post by Stormdragon »

Airtech is unfortunately famous for being slow, and the parts needing a little 'polishing' after receiving. That said however, I'm in the same state as they are, and I want to get one of these at some point as well. Perhaps we could all pitch in at once and not only get them a bit more cheaply, but faster as well? I'd assume that they'd launch into making 3 or 4 of the same thing faster than just one.

And the URL's changed: KR250 seat
Motorcycle roadracing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty -Peter Egan
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

LC frame, kr250 motor. that would make a nice rep 8)
Stormdragon

Post by Stormdragon »

Well, much like Strokerboy, I have a few 'spare bits' laying around. Before I knew the shipping costs were going to be so horrid, I picked up a spare frame and two engines from Japan. (Assuming the engines ever show up) I also have a Dymag that won't work for the original purpose, so it might as well go into the project, as well as the spare 636 front forks. So, once all the bits come together, and lots of machine work is done, in about 20 years... I'll need some good looking bodywork. Maybe I can find a Mito fairing to put on it. :mrgreen:
Motorcycle roadracing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty -Peter Egan
nzkrnut

project stuff..

Post by nzkrnut »

I'm trying a KLR600 repower for one of mine, for sound of singles.. and some USD forks, 17"s front and rear.. 8)
I have never driven a car, and i NEVER will!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

You could order a factory-option single seat cowl with your new KR250 back in 1984. Replaces the pillion seat, dead easy to fit. 8)

Not dead easy to find though. :( I've got a couple, one from a breakers in Australia and one off Yahoo Japan. And they're not for sale. :lol:

But, I've just discovered that the GPZ400R (and 600R ?) use exactly the same part, so maybe that'll help you find one easier. :D

Image Image
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.