The place to talk about your Tandem!
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Aussie Ebay KR, cheap

Post by pepsi »

kopite
lurker

Post by kopite »

I bought this bike with a view to restore it, unfortunately there are too many parts that are missing or damaged to make this viable. I will be dismantling the bike to sell off as spares, please let me know what you need and what you feel is a fair price. My email address is rowlandsons@optusnet.com.au. The main problem with selling bits is the extortionate cost of postage, I recently bought a plastic side cover for a h***a, the US vendor wanted $49 as his standard flat rate overseas parcel cost. I will charge postage at cost for all parcels.
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

pm'd :mrgreen:
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

What parts are missing?
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
kopite
lurker

Post by kopite »

Lots of missing bits-- ignition switch innards, key for fuel cap, plastic side covers( both sides, all air intake parts( carbies are there but nothing else)mirrors, indicators, coil on RH side,plug leads.
The bike has slid down the road at some time, RH clip on is bent,rear cylinder has had a ring breakup at some stage, previous owner fitted a new piston but kept gouged barrel, looking at the piston the engine has not run much in this state.Water pump and pipework show signs of long term storage but will clean up OK,oil pump is good carbies good but one has the plastic choke cable retainer broken.
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

Post by 250 drummie »

Apart from the piston and barrel damage all that seems like the usual stuff that would be missing off a project bike you get for $260. Not sure what you were expecting for that money :shock: . Why dont you give it a go there is a bloke in Sydney with a good few bits.