Fuel Tap Seals

The place to talk about your Tandem!
Bogan
Smoker

Fuel Tap Seals

Post by Bogan »

I can't find the thread that I swear I have seen before about someone comparing the KR1 and KR250 fuel taps, and they bought a kit off ebay or Yahoo or something.

Anyways, if you go into a Kawasaki dealer in Oz they won't say they have anything for a KR250A but I managed to get the two rubber seals for the fuel tap, one of which they had in stock. You just need to give them the part number. I found them all here:

http://www.kr250.org/KR_partsbook.htm

Then I went here, just for fun, and found what other bikes share the same part numbers:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/

Turns out quite a few Kawasaki models share those seals, and they should be ready for me to pick up at my local dealer tomorrow afternoon :).

One thing I'm still not quite sure of, does the fuel tap have two outlets, one for each carb, or do I have something unusual? Any pics would help a lot, ta.

Tony
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Don't worry yourself about the tap Tony, they all have 2 outlets (one per carb as you guessed).
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Yeah, as Scott says there's a seperate feed from the tap to each carb, plus the single smaller vacuum take-off too.

Take care with the routing of the fuel lines - the standard pipes are only just long enough to reach and they'll only fit one way round. The wire spring covers are crucial too as the pipes run between the (hot) cylinders. Bit of a stupid design really - if they'd put the carbs on the LHS of the engine (like the KR250 racer) then it would be a lot simpler.

By the way, my TZR has twin outlets on the tank tap too, but one is main and the other reserve because that bike has an additional remote tap. That's caught me out before... :oops:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.