Engine upgrade

The place to talk about your Tandem!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Engine upgrade

Post by StrokerBoy »

For my KR special, I'm hoping to modify the engine as well as the chassis. Powervalves would be nice, as would a big-bore - or both ! Maybe transplant a top-end off a MX'er or something ? We'll see.

In the meantime, I just found this. Looks like a development of the Rotax tandem-twin motor, as found in old GP250's, karts and microlights etc : BRC 250FE

Electronic/pneumatic powervalves, cassette gearbox, dry clutch, programmable ignition. 8) :D 90bhp ! :shock: :P

£8500 + VAT. :cry:

Ah well, the sprocket was on the wrong side anyway... :roll:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

shit, the tech stuff shows it with a 30 tooth gearbox sprocket :shock:
nzkrnut

Post by nzkrnut »

wow, thats some trick shit right there!! i'd have to sell a kidney to afford one! I was talking to a guy at the classic racing the other day, who's brother took a KR250A out to 300cc with different sleeves in the bore. I'm trying to track him down, or maybe the bike!? oh, and has anybody got some KZ440 wheels? A gold set would look like the KR250GP bikes, so i want some for my race rep.
I have never driven a car, and i NEVER will!
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

:shock: 8)
Now that's an awsome motor!!! =P~
Even though I could never afford it, I found myself wondering if you could fit a smaller sproket, spin the rear wheel around (sprocket from left - right) and mount the caliper on the left side, and of course, work out a custom gear linkage.
Couldn't be all that hard could it????? :wink:

Need to win lotto first... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<