seized engine help!!!

The place to talk about your Tandem!
mattskr250
lurker

seized engine help!!!

Post by mattskr250 »

hi guys, i have just got a kr250. i have totally strip it down and found the engine to be seized from sitting outside with water in the crankcase:( .. (i knew it was in bad shape when i bought it)but i just had to have one.... :P i need to aquire a better engine as most of it is beyond repair. any help would be awesome.
mmmm 2 stroke
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Hi. Spare engines not that easy to find but not impossible either. Where are you ? Quite a few KR parts for sale in Australia via Ebay and by asking around on here and at breakers yards etc. Acquiring a whole second bike for spares is quite a popular move. :wink:

Some of the motor must be salvageable ? What bits are you after ? Hopefully you've got yourself a workshop manual - if not, you can download the various chapters off My Site.

Well done for coming on here - plenty of sensible advice available.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

How bad is the motor? I've seen some right messy engines that have been resurected before.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Yeah, were are you located Matt?
May be able to help you out depending on what can be salvaged from your current engine, as I should have a bottom end in the shed that was pretty good except for crapping it's gearbox. Will have to dig it out and make sure (pretty sure I stripped most of it down, but it had good cranks).
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

Post by 250 drummie »

I know a guy with a few motors in Sydney. Let me know if you want his details.
mattskr250
lurker

bottom end

Post by mattskr250 »

hi, the pistons and barrels are ok.. will need to be replated and new rings.
the bottom half though is buggered one of the casings is cracked and cranks are really rusted, not really salvagable. i have located a complete bottom end but they want $300 just for bottom end....
mmmm 2 stroke
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

What's the transmission like?

Sounds like you could buy the bottom end from ScottaKR and build up a motor from the other salvagable parts.