MOT time again

The place to talk about your Tandem!
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

MOT time again

Post by the KR kid »

Not having been able to ride my bike due to my back injury this last year, (only covered 4km!!!!) I found that I had 2 days to get my MOT sorted. I phoned my regular garage who told me they'd stopped doing bikes now, so I had to search for a new place. :roll:

Bike was up and running, no leaks, squeaks, and all the electrics worked, etc. Had it warming up on the drive prior to leaving for the test, all was ok, just needed some fuel. Got to the garage and when I returned to my bike there was coolant all over the floor, Fcuk!!!!Thought it was a hose at first, then I noticed my coolant drain plug was completely missing! :shock:
Struggled to push it halfway home and stopped at a local motocross shop, who found a bolt "to get me home". =D>

Does anyone know if part numbers 130C0610 (drain plug) and 92022-077 (plug washer) are still available please?

I've now got to SORN the KR until I get this sorted! Think someone's trying to tell me something????
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

If you cant get bits local then check out the following Swedish Kawasaki NOS parts site they have 13 plugs currently available :

http://www.nosparts.se/

Insert part number into 'spares' section and email for price - bought parts from them myself and reliable source, not too expensive.
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Phone Z-Power Gary, if the parts are still available, they'll be able to get them for you.

Or as you've already got the part numbers, just get your nearest Kawasaki dealer to run 'em through the computer, they might be the same as another model.

Or walk the route between your driveway and the petrol station and see if you can find your old one... :lol:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

Thanks for the info, guys. Tried the Swedish site, but no luck there.

A bike shop (Sopers, in Leigh) sorted me out with a bolt and washer that should fit ok.

Spent a couple of hours draining the brown crud from the bike (it was green last time I checked, although that was a while back!) and fitting it all back together. Fired it up and it reached temp without any leaks, so have booked MOT for tomorrow. Let's see if I make it this time, with no sudden surprises...

Back is killing me after pushing the bike yesterday and working on it today.

GS750B
KH250B5
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

I like Sopers always have the bit you need or can get it, if you get stuck again Gary i can recommend some good , O:) Swedish sites :lol:

Was over your way last weekend walking the dog, you still got your Mustang then 8)
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

Sopers is a great bike shop; if they can't fix anything it's probably not worth fixing!

Do you do a lot of "walking your dog" on your Swedish sites, Paul????? :shock:

I've got a Pontiac; never had a Mustang.... [-X

GS750B
KH250B5
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Sorry Gary i mean dogging :lol:
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

Passed the MOT with flying colours! :D

As I had to take it to a different centre you should have seen the look on their faces when they clapped eyes on the KR, haha!

And no leaks.... =D> Now I've just got to try and stay fit enough to ride it a few times this year!

GS750B
KH250B5
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Good news Gary, will see you down the Dick Turpin when the sun is out.