1984 KR250a Paint Code

The place to talk about your Tandem!
glidercoach
Smoker

1984 KR250a Paint Code

Post by glidercoach »

Does anyone know or have the official Kawasaki paint code for the green paint for my KR?
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

As discussed HERE, be aware that your 25-year-old paint will not match the new stuff you buy.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
glidercoach
Smoker

Post by glidercoach »

Thanks Strokerboy! I did a search with "paint code" and don't know why I missed this post. Sorry! :oops: The last batch of paint I bought from Colorite http://www.colorrite.com, matched perfectly! I hope they can use these numbers. We'll see how this next round works!
dougindoors
Heavy Smoker

paint code

Post by dougindoors »

why go green lke every one else go silver thats the rarest or one of the other colour schemes
1984 Kawasaki KR250A
no projects, OOPS!1987 Kawasaki AR125B4
Every 2 in 1 poeple are schizophrenic
If you can not fix it with a hammer it must be electrical
2 Smokey and they bandit
glidercoach
Smoker

Post by glidercoach »

Hi dougindoors... I have never seen another KR250a ever in the USA! That's pretty rare. Including mine, according to http://kr250.org/KR_owners.htm there are 7 known to exist in the USA. This number will drop to 6 when I move to Italy this year. To make my ride a little more unique, I adapted a Yamaha RZ500 to it. I still have all the original fairing, but there are some bad cracks, from a crash I had in South Africa :(
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

glidercoach wrote:Including mine, according to http://kr250.org/KR_owners.htm there are 7 known to exist in the USA.
My KR Owners page is hopelessly out of date these days I'm afraid. :oops: Obviously I depend on people telling me stuff and sending me pics, but I've also neglected it due to too much other stuff going on. I'd prefer to have a more interactive interface that you can update yourselves, but when I proposed something like that on here I didn't get much response.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
glidercoach
Smoker

Post by glidercoach »

Your website is fine! Everyone is busy living life. Here in the US not many (if any) knew how special and unique my KR is and can't differentiate the sound of a 2 and 4 stroke. So my bike has always been another (rice burner/crotch rocket) in the eyes of those who have no clue was a true road racing machine is! In America, is always about maximum displacement.

For years, I was alone with this very special and beautiful machine. I can't tell you how excited I was when I tripped upon your website. I found a group of guys who know the magic of a MotoGP road bike. This forum is a great source of knowledge and support. Guys have helped me and I have helped others as well. We need to keep our rides in the best shape possible and this is the best place to do it. Thank you Strokerboy! Cheers!