fairing/track fairing for kr 1

Plastic bits and Paint
lt_kr1
Smoker

fairing/track fairing for kr 1

Post by lt_kr1 »

I have a post up in the 'bits wanted' section about this, basically I am looking for fairing for my 1989 Kr-1. I know that realistically, the chances of getting hold of a fairly unabused original set are slim, but in case someone has just a seat unit they would like to get rid of, that would really help me out as mine doesn't fit properly (cracked & badly repaired aftermarket job that never fit in the first place)?? Is it possible to use fairings off a different bike (eg rs 250, rgv?)
Also looking for track fairings, what's the best place to get them?? Don't trust ebay...
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

A couple of fairings do fit, although they do require a certain amount of hacking about.
Spannerman has done a very nice job of fitting a h***a RSW250 fairing and seat.
Elf and myself have also fitted an Aprilia RS250 fairings - requires very little work.
I currently have an Aprilia RS125 fairing fitted to mine with the 250 center section. Took a bit of persuasion with a heat gun to get the bottom to fit the RS250 center and also had to trim the massive rad vents too, but overall it was a nice fit.
Also notice someone else on here fitted an MC28 (I think) fairing - lovely job, but don't know how much work is involved.
h***a RS and RSW seats fit on nicely with little work.
Don't know whether an RGV fairing would fit (probably would seeing as though the RS does), but the thought of fitting an RGV fairing makes me feel a bit dirty :-&