RS 250 seat unit

Plastic bits and Paint
lt_kr1
Smoker

RS 250 seat unit

Post by lt_kr1 »

I need to do something about my seat unit, the one that came with the bike is all but falling to pieces. Haven't managed to find an original one anywhere, but I'd quite fancy fitting an RS250 seat unit instead. Would that require a lot of modification? Anyone tried before?
I guess it's not really a pressing matter anyways since I've got to get the engine in before I start thinking about fitting fairings :D just checking what my options are..
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

look in the projects scooble used to have an rs seat unit she now has cbr600 rr seat unit on it the rs is a straight fit i think the rr is rather more involved best to do a search on there
ade.
on the pipe!!!
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

The RS seat (2000 model) was fitted by me and pre 2000 model fitted by The Flute. Both of us have RGV tanks. The seat didn't require any modifications, however in order to meet the lines of the tank, needs to be raised by quite a bit. The shape of the seat is very nice, but in my opinion, to optimise the look, we both re-positioned the lower sub frame frame rails.
I found the seating position too high for my liking though.
If you decide to go down that route, give me a pm and I'll send you some pics etc