Was there a black-stripe KR-1?

Plastic bits and Paint
EGG

Was there a black-stripe KR-1?

Post by EGG »

Hi all

First post here. I found a picture online the other week of what looks like the blue/green KR-1 colour scheme, but with black instead?

Was there a paint option like this or is this just a dodgey magazine scan? This might be a silly question, but I can't seem to find any backyard photo's of KR-1's like this.

Cheers

pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

hi and welcome, its just the photo, the blue is dark but it looks like this photo has made it even darker!
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

does anyone have any of these fairing and tank stickers still on their original backing. I could do with a template of these so that I can get them re-produced by a sign maker (I'm actually after the black gold stickers for the red/white colour scheme)
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

scooble wrote:does anyone have any of these fairing and tank stickers still on their original backing. I could do with a template of these so that I can get them re-produced by a sign maker (I'm actually after the black gold stickers for the red/white colour scheme)
Hi Scoob,
If you do get some done get a spare set done for me!
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

alimorg wrote:
scooble wrote:does anyone have any of these fairing and tank stickers still on their original backing. I could do with a template of these so that I can get them re-produced by a sign maker (I'm actually after the black gold stickers for the red/white colour scheme)
Hi Scoob,
If you do get some done get a spare set done for me!
Cheers
AL
I could do with the vector drawings of said stickers to use for makeing stencils for a re-spray myself.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

yes, even dimension will do or a good 1:1 photocopy of the shape that I can use to scan into a graphics package and convert to Vector
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Do you mean this scheme Scoobs

[/img]Image
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

That is my favorite colour scheme :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

yeah, thats the theme, however, the shape of the sticker is the same for the green white one. I am particularly after the dimension. I know I could try and take a trace from the tank, but I would prefer a flat one to get a really accurate representation.
The colours themselves are pretty basic, just black and gold
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

How about if I get a couple of ikea paper 'tape' measures stick them all over my bike and take pics woild that help?
Cheers
Al
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
smithyrc30
Heavy Smoker

finding the sticker 'flat' shape...

Post by smithyrc30 »

Hi if you have an undamaged one, take it to your local friendly sign making place that does vehicle signs and the like.

Get them to stick to stick some of their sign developing film over it (really thin vinyl with low tack glue) and get them to trace and cut it for you. Then they can scan it and you will have a digital image of the 'flat' form that is guaranteed to fit. They most likely will make you some stickers as well.

If you want you can get them to put fitting "points" (they come off with the backing) onto it so it will fit in exactly the right place every time.

Worked brilliantly on my RC30 tank stripe.
EGG

Post by EGG »

Did anyone have any luck getting a template made up for the tank stripes? I'm talking to a sticker shop at the moment (they usually only have to worry about cars) and they're suggesting it's going to be a bit of "by guess and by god". I don't have any original tank decal to work from unfortunately.