pablo
Premix Junkie

Decals

Post by pablo »

"Turned out nice again"
smithyrc30
Heavy Smoker

Post by smithyrc30 »

Yup, They are ok but do not laquer over them until they have been on for at least a couple of weeks. If you do the glue shrinks and they pull up shorter leaving a big step around the sticker.

Which looks sh1te. :shock:

If you let them stabilise for a couple of weeks then they seem to be ok.

Used 2 sets to do 1 bike.

Also you only get some of the decals, the front green bits are not provided and you do not get the number boards for the rear either.
On the genuine fronts the Kawasaki is printed but in this case it is another sticker so you have to be good with the clear and polish if you want it to look right.

Just my take on them.
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

i used them on more than one with no problems but not the number boards as i never liked them i thought they were tacky and yes i painted the white number boards :oops: second pic is 2006 i think or im pretty sure thats when i built that one but on the plus side i bought that one back last year for the same as i sold it for hence i have 2 Kr1s's and a kr1 now

Just dont go mad with the the laquer seal them with a couple of dry dust coats first or they will shrink
Last edited by john-b on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

actually i did this one with aftermarket stuff too, i think this was about 2006 aswell as i had loads of lc's but then realised thanks to collectors i couldnt afford to run them if they broke so i sold them all :roll: i wouldnt bother by the way the YPVS ones are great but 350lc's :roll: well lets not bother it will save on disapointment :lol: :lol:
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

That will do it for me, thanks for the advice.

I'll get them ordered.
"Turned out nice again"
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Paul,

Getting your paintwork sorted now?
Where did you decide to go?

Cheers,
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

It's away now Bernie. I was put in touch with this fella by a friend at work. He's done work for the lad at work, and he rates him, so it's gone.

http://www.rainbow-rides.me.uk/welcome_1.html
"Turned out nice again"
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Any paintshop that's a cross between Bob Marley and the MCN Girls must be worth a look : mrgreen:

If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Paul,

The prices looka bit more reasonable than Dream Machine.
Where are they based?

Cheers,
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

yeah they look to be reasonable which is what its all about and the work looks good too.

Actually i think the 2 girlies swung it for me :lol: far cheaper than dream machine though. I couldnt sleep if i had paid their prices :shock: