Any ideas,

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Premix Junkie

Any ideas,

Post by 375 »

Some of you my remember i got a pair of original end cans for my 1s i fitted them and took it for its mot (it passed) thats the first small 5 mile plod of a run all winter, every thing ok,that was about 5 weeks ago.

Went for a ride on Wednesday about 20 miles of gentle 30/50 mph riding,
done the last few miles at the top end on and of 70/90 ish mph, i slowed down and stopped at lights and there was a big smell of rubber and smoke, then looked at the right can and smoking alot and i did'nt look at the left can as i was then holding up traffic so pulled over and switched off.

I gave the bike a look over and ok, so started up and rode home the last 3 miles.

When pulling up at the lights the engine sounded fine, and started ok with no smells or smoke on the last few miles home, i let it cool down and checked, coolant level and rad all ok, gearbox oil at correct level and no smell of petrol, plugs are both a nice tan colour not wet,

Started bike Thursday and let it get warmed up,everythings ok, took it up the road and sounds fine with no smell or extra smoke.

I was thinking crank seals but if they go would it not be smoking all the time, but everthing is fine so far?

Is it possible that the end cans could have got up to max temp? and was burning of oil/carbon ? as i did give them a good scrapping and got alot of carbon out of them and this is there first run with these cans. :?
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

If your crank seals are knackered, you'll be using gearbox oil, so if the levels are ok, it rules that out as a problem.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Could it be during storage previous owner has tried to clear pipes using something plastic, which has become detached and the 70 plus blast has put enough heat in to dislodge or melt it?
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Sounds like crap in the can :-k
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

The smell of rubber could have been from one of the two cars i pulled up next to ?? but i had just come to a halt after a quick run of about 70/80 mph,
when i scrapped some carbon out of the cans they were dry no oil in them, all i can think is bit of carbon burning? i will take it for a local run at the weekend if it stops rainning and check smoke/oil level.
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

it`s probably cans ,i don`t know a way of cleaning them so i cut mine up n rewelded em ,19 years of road use ,
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Thats a good way of burning it off Fred :) Didnt have a chance to take it out today but will do in the week,

Does make you wonder how Kawasaki expected them to be cleaned now and again or repacked?
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

legomen playmobil youtube video

Post by KR-1R »

perhaps your overflow hoses had touched against the exhaust

ARC76 wrote:after rebuilding my old srad 600 race bike i loaded it into my van for a nice shake down test at caddy and water poured out the end can as i pushed her up the ramp , i took it off and the whole pipe was full of soapy water and lego men . i keep a closer eye on the monsters now when they are helping me :)
maybe the kids hav been detailing your ride as well

Howie wrote:
one for Howie
You gotta watch this :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IDyNesztHQ
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

That YouTube Lego bike vid was epic... =D>
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Done 16 miles on it this evening and so far ok :D
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings