Dripping Carb and fuel from exhaust

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
a1topdog

Dripping Carb and fuel from exhaust

Post by a1topdog »

Can anyone give me some advise to solve the following problems on my KR1-S

1. When the bike is not running the left carb is dripping from the clear plastic overflow pipe that connects to the carb body , but the carb bowl overflow pipe is not dripping at all. I stripped , cleaned the carbs and set the float heights , but it still drips.

2. On tick over if you put your hand infront of the left hand exhaust pipe outlet there is hardly any pressure as if its running on only one cyclinder. But if you rev the bike the pressure is good out of the left hand pipe but it instantly covers your hand in loads of fuel / oil mix. The plugs are new.

Any help appriciated.
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

check the float height and the float needle valve,and with the plugs out check you have compression on the left cylinder
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

1. the carb vent pipes are where fuel can come out, if the float valve is not seating, or the float level is set incorrect and the carb floods.

1. it may very well be to do with the diaphragm in the fuel tap - when there is no engine vacuum (engine stopped) the fuel tap should auto-shut because the left carb is not sucking on the tap to release fuel (third tap hose). Fuel cock/tap rebuild kit.

2. engine pickup may be due to adjustment of cable at the carb top = synchronisation - if the left carb pull has a little too much slack, the slide will still be at idle when the right slide is on the up, on throttle - then left side eventually catches up. See if both slides start to lift at the very same moment and when at the very top the are at same height (this done with whole airbox pulled out).

2. How much fluid stuff (water/fuel/oil) might be lying resident in the belly of your exhaust or muffler - check for aqua-lego-men

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/blog/2012/12 ... in-pwk-28/