Clutch Dragging - Please Help!

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Taff

Clutch Dragging - Please Help!

Post by Taff »

Need some help with solving severe clutch drag on my newly purchased C2 KR1S. I've stripped/cleaned the clutch assembly and noticed that the thrust washer (Part ref 92026) has signs of wear on the teeth (worn on both sides of washer). The pushrod (Part ref 13114) looks fine but some wear on actuating arm cam edge (Part ref 13102).

I've reassembled clutch after cleaning and turning the thrust washer, but still dragging. From searching previous posts seems like this is a fairly common problem.

I’ve tried to source new parts from Cradley Kawasaki but all these parts no longer available.

Anyone know where I can source unworn clutch actuating arm, pushrod and thrust washer?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Clutch Dragging - Please Help!

Post by JanBros »

is the clutch basket still OK ?
if the plates are hammered in, it can prevent them from loosening.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Taff

Post by Taff »

There was some very slight wear on the basket 'fingers' where the friction plates sit, but just to be sure I smoothed em out with a fine file.

Am now looking on ebay/breakers sites for parts but can't determine which specific part(s) are causing the drag (may have to source complete clutch?!?!)
Taff

Post by Taff »

There was some fine wear on the clutch basket fingers but smoothed out with fine file. Have sourced second hand clutch/plates so will replace and see if any improvement. Still searching for actuating arm/thrust washer [-o<