Advice needed

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
smoovly

Advice needed

Post by smoovly »

Hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

I've got an S engine with one S and one KR1 barrel. Both need replating. Is there any chance of finding a second hand L/H barrel or should I buy some KR1 barrels and have them plated? I have the S exhausts, carbs and CDI, guess I should run all that stuff?

Do I need to run smaller mains with the KR1 barrels?

What is the difference in the KIPS valves, I looked at all four and they look identical? Could it be that they are all S and they do fit but are a different profile?

Sorry for all the questions, if this was a YPVS forum (sorry for the bad language) I would be ok but these green things are new to me...

Thanks
smoovly

Re: Advice needed

Post by smoovly »

I meant buy a L/H KR1 barrel, not a pair...
buzinc
Heavy Smoker

Post by buzinc »

Hi. You need both barrels to be the same. ie kr1 or S. The S i would guess is more plentiful, someone on the forum should be able to help supply.
The kip valves again on the S have a bigger hole - usually have 1132 stamped on the shaft.

Both types of valves will fit in both types of barrel - but I wouldn't swop about, the S has a tad more power so get the S barrel and S valves.

Check with manual on the forum for jet sizes

Buz
smoovly

Post by smoovly »

Thanks, will check what valves I have but they all look the same so I suspect are S ones.

Just waiting now for someone to sell me a spare barrel.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I think B cylinders are more common. C cylinders are more in demand and in theory rarer, as many are/were raced.