Adjusting the pilot air screws

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
James P
Oil Injector

Adjusting the pilot air screws

Post by James P »

Why did Kawasaki make pilot air screw adjustment so difficult? There is a special tool available, although it is not even listed as applying to the KR-1/1S. They could have drilled holes in the frame and installed both the pilot air screw and throttle stop screw on the "outer" side of each carb. Oh well...

I have found something which should make the process slightly less difficult:

http://www.bgm-tuning.com/shop/fuelair- ... hin-pwm38/

I have an idea that other firms also make a similar item, but the brand names escape me at the moment :roll: .

The extended air screw as fitted. When fitted to the left-hand carb, the extended air screw only just clears the frame (by about 1-2mm!). The presence of the wiring loom still makes adjustment difficult, but it can just about be accomplished with the engine running (an auxiliary fuel supply is necessary because the normal fuel tank gets in the way!). If anyone is worried about frame clearance, the extended air screws can fairly easily be shortened before installation. I scribed a couple of short lines on the outer surface, as it is difficult to see the screw slot when installed.

Regards,
James
podman
Heavy Smoker

Re: Adjusting the pilot air screws

Post by podman »

nice find mate.
smartfazer

Post by smartfazer »

Hi also found these from a uk supplier.

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/jitsie-pwk-2 ... crews.html

At the price I might just give them a go.

Steve
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Steve,

The CSP versions (on the same website) are a couple of quid cheaper, and in stock #-o

Cheers,
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300