comp lever position thingy

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
splant
Heavy Smoker

comp lever position thingy

Post by splant »

I'm trying to fabricate one .got it working but i would like to know the exact measurement from the centre of the attachment bolt to the centre of the locating wheel if anyone's got one handy, and roughly how strongs the spring ? Cheers (just in the mood for making something)
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: comp lever position thingy

Post by JanBros »

I do not have a single clue of what you are talking about :-k
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

Are you referring to an adjustable brake or clutch lever? The type with the four-position "wheel" which changes the reach between the grip and the lever?

If you want an adjustable brake lever to fit a standard KR-1 master cylinder, the standard KR-1S/R item should work - these are a common fitting and are also available aftermarket.
If you want an adjustable clutch lever to match the KR-1S/R brake lever, you can use a complete lever & support assembly from a ZXR250 (and likely other bikes too).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
James
splant
Heavy Smoker

Post by splant »

No the gear position thingy that holds it in gear ,I thin k they're called.position comp lever ,got it working but I guess if its not exactly the right size the gears won't be exactly lined up. Spare
engine just playing around .
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

There is a new old stock one on ebay at the moment, item number:-
Cheers
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
splant
Heavy Smoker

Post by splant »

Cheers Bernie is there only one type I'm sure someone said there were 2 different sorts so unsure which I need if so?no just looked that looks like the thing that turns the circular thing I'm on about a lever with a wheel on it 13236 1203 part no ,simple enough to make if I know that mea
surement
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Take a photo of where it goes, then everyone will know what it is.
Cheers
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

splant wrote:...is there only one type I'm sure someone said there were 2 different sorts so unsure which I need if so?no just looked that looks like the thing that turns the circular thing I'm on about a lever with a wheel on it 13236 1203 part no ,simple enough to make if I know that measurement
I think the correct description for this part is "position lever, complete" - the roller-lever part which holds the gear selector drum in the correct position. There are two types:

KR-1 - 13236-1170
KR-1S - 13236-1203

I haven't got easy access to both types, so can't offer any opinion on the differences. Perhaps someone else can help...?

Regards,
James
splant
Heavy Smoker

Post by splant »

Thanks James spent 3 hours making one and found fowlers sell them 5.95 ,but this says c2 so maybe the wrong one mines a kr1 engine
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

splant wrote:Thanks James spent 3 hours making one and found fowlers sell them 5.95 ,but this says c2 so maybe the wrong one mines a kr1 engine
everything inside the cases can be swapt between KR1 ans S
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

splant wrote:Thanks James spent 3 hours making one and found fowlers sell them 5.95 ,but this says c2 so maybe the wrong one mines a kr1 engine
JanBros wrote:everything inside the cases can be swapt between KR1 ans S
Steve; I think Jan is right about everything inside being interchangeable - please let us know if the position lever you've bought doesn't fit!

Regards,
James
splant
Heavy Smoker

Post by splant »

I would if I could but still waiting for delivery from fowlers ,looks like another company that sells stuff they havnt got ! no reply to emails and was number 12 in the telephone que for 1o mins on hold , so gave up ,not reccomended seem to big to care.