complete engine gasket set compatability fiasco SORTED

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

complete engine gasket set compatability fiasco SORTED

Post by NOSHER »

hi fellas--ok after a crank rebuild your looking to buy A complete engine gasket set for reassembly---so first place is EBAY? THERE ARE 13 SELLERS ON EBAY LISTING A COMPLETE ENGINE GASKET SET TO FIT BOTH KR1 AND KR1S FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER---NE AND ONE FROM A GERMAN COMPANY HENDLER.
THe Hendler set was supplied from a company showing the NE brand in the listing---the magneto gasket had excess material between bolt hole did not fit kr1 --the clutch cover gasket had a bolt hole missing only six only fitted kr1s and the water pump housing gasket was non existant.Got a full refund.
Bought anothe NE full gasket set different supplier---same thing ---advertises fits kr1 and kr1s and does NOT and once again no water pump gasket present.
i took this issue up with a well know manufacturer of kr gaskets, sent him one old rubberised clutch cover gasket and made a waterpumpgasket from a yes you guessed kelloggs cornflake box and posted to them as templates. i also bought the magneto gasket that they sold for the kr1 cut sections out and adhesion fitted back and sent that to them.10 days later i received a message thanking me for pointing out the errors in their kr listing--they did a slight retooling and sent samples to me for fitment check---EACH ONE A PERFECT FIT NO EXCESS MATERIAL NO HOLE MISALIGNMENT--job done.and to thank me for helping them sort this description issue they posted me 6 of each gaskets as a thank you 18 in all.and they changed the listings wordings so you now get what is advertised unlike the other companies i contacted who still sell the same "fits all" gasket sets (beware if you still got a kr1 like me.)
SO IF YOU WANT GASKETS THAT FIT A KR1-------SHOWE PERFORMANCE ON EBAY ASK FOR KAI.
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Re: complete engine gasket set compatability fiasco SORTED

Post by c&c »

Fair play to you..
I"ll take the wine,you can have the bread.
Paul250B
Heavy Smoker

Post by Paul250B »

Gasket guru for all the paper gaskets

https://www.gasketguru.co.uk/
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Ordered yet another full engine gasket set off ebay supplier swore on someones life it was for a kr1---magneto gasket again too big------- clutch cover gasket only has six holes(kr1s) and again the waterpump housing gasket is mia.

Luckily I have the gaskets made by SHOWE for me to replace the ones that ONLY FIT KR1S so no problem when I get the crank back from P.J ENG after them replacing the bearings I damaged on the rebuilt crank when assembling the crank halves(don`t even ask) so then I can assemble the lot with a full gasket set that fits.
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30