Fitting F3 valves in KR1 barrels

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Gazjen
Light Smoker

Fitting F3 valves in KR1 barrels

Post by Gazjen »

I've got a set of F3 valves on there way and wondered what the best course of action was. Is it best to fit two F3 valves in the outer ports and two S valves into the inner ports? If that's the case I will be after 1 S valve

I stripped the engine yesterday and all but one of the valves were set wrong 1 snapped as I removed it and it turns out I have 1 S valve and 3 kr1 valves, I've read a little about matching the ports to the S valves but does anyone have any pics? Only the two outer valves seem to match up correctly with the ports is this normal?
Any help greatly received

Also is there a post anywhere regarding basic tuning just something to give it a but more power without ruining the ride or reliability?
Cheers
Gaz.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Fitting F3 valves in KR1 barrels

Post by JanBros »

Gazjen wrote:I've got a set of F3 valves on there way and wondered what the best course of action was.

[url]lhttp://www.kr-1s.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7 ... it++valves[/url] :wink:

Also is there a post anywhere regarding basic tuning just something to give it a but more power without ruining the ride or reliability?
Cheers
Gaz.

lot's, just use the search.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Look in the engine section on flowing your crank cases.

That's the best, easiest and cheapest way to reliably gain about 10% extra power if done correctly.