Ebony and Green Paint dimensions

The Place for archived technical posts, the KR-1 Manual, the KR-1S suppliment and parts lists.
nate
Heavy Smoker

Ebony and Green Paint dimensions

Post by nate » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi all, I hope this is in the right place... if not feel free to shove it else where!!!

As promised, for Shimmer, here are the measurements for the black and green paint job...

I have tried my best to keep it simple... most of the lines are straight.. the ones that aren't I have described as best I can...

*** Please Note *** When it comes to the top half of the main fairing, I gave it a slight variation and this is explained below.

Be aware that there are 7 or 8 Kawasaki Racign Green colours, all slightly different... I had a company match the green to the original fairing colour... If you haven't got an original green part, then I would suggest speaking to the paint company and agree on one shade, then go from there and keep it all the same. However, you might want to spray your Front indicator mounts and wheels to ensure the match.

I used 2 pack (which when mixed contains a cyanide based acid for a hardener), all the spraying was done in a professional spray bay, althought the rubbing down and prep was done by me...

The prep is the important bit.... take your time, every mark will show, especially with the black.

Ok here we go then... Where the dimension finishes on a curve, I have made it to the middle of the curve... See below on the front fairing....

*** Rear Fairing (around pillion seat)

Predominantly green, except for three stickers.
Two yellow stickers, one either side.. Not shown cos I havent got them and think i will stick with green

One small 'Kawasaki' sticker that sits above the rear brake light, centrally placed.

*** LHS Panel (Left Hand Side panel, underneath seat and tank)
The line is straight between the two measurements as viewed direct on

*** LHS Panel Top view
The line here curves gently around to finish where shown

*** RHS Panel (Right Hand Side panel, underneath seat and tank)
The line is straight between the two measurements as viewed direct on

*** RHS Panel Top view
The line here curves gently around to finish where shown

*** The reason the curves finish where they do
If you look at the fairings, once the seat is in place, the black ducks in underneath the seat, giving a pleasing look

*** Belly Pan LHS
Straight line between the two points

*** Belly Pan RHS
Straight line between the two points

*** Belly Pan Bottom
This image shows where the green is finished at the front edge of the belly pan. I masked it off so the line runs around and sits mid way on the edge (if that makes any sense what so ever!!!)

*** Belly Pan Front

*** Front Fairing LSH

Dimensions from a curve, the 130 mm dimension runs from the spray line to the middle of the curve on the top bit

The 31.5mm dimension is from the centre of the hole to the spray line

*** Front Fairing RSH

Dimensions from a curve, the 130 mm dimension runs from the spray line to the middle of the curve on the top bit

The 31.5mm dimension is from the centre of the hole to the spray line

*** Front Fairing Front View
NOTE, this is where I varied the paint scheme from the original. I think on the original the black continues to the inside of the fairing (the bit either side of the forks), however, as I sprayed the lot black, then couldnt remember where the green went, I made this up on the spot and think it looks quite nice... Plus I like the green anyway!!!

*** LHS Inspection Panel

*** RHS Inspection Panel

Hope this helps, any questions, give me a shout...

Cheers

Nate

alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:20 am

excellent very useful
cheers
al
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams

SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:07 pm

cheers nate looks a good job as well =D>
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor

nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:20 pm

Glad i could help mate.... I feel like I have served my apprenticeship so its nice to put something back into the forum after months of asking dumb questions :)

cheers

Nate