Monday 30th April Cadwell - No limits Track Day

Tell us where to meet you!
rc46
Oil Injector

Monday 30th April Cadwell - No limits Track Day

Post by rc46 »

AS topic says, Im booked in with a mate in slow, ill be on the KR and mate on the RGV5 Anyone comming we'll see you there, Silver saab, (wait for it) green, blue, black, dark green KR :D
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I'll book on this tomorrow. R u sure you want to be in the slow group? inters sound better to me?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Only 2 reasons for this,

1. I have never riden this bike before in anger, I have no idea what its gona be like. I will be taking my time for the first 2 sessions, checking for leaks, plugs, nuts n bolts..etc

and

2. the chap im goning with hasnt ridden in a while so wants a bit of space to get his legs.

But normally we are in the Inters, If you wana book inters and all is well ill ask to be moved up...

Plus im a big Fag!!! :D :oops:

Dont worrie, LOL if she is as good as it felt going round the block today.. ill give ya a run LOL You wont see me pass ya (itll be that quick), but ill be behind somewhere ready to lap ya LOL

:D :D

On a side note, did the gaskets today, stopped that leak (it was the inner gasket, it had been broken and wasnt sealing) took it for a run MMMM yeah what ever :? it all seemd okay nothing special,Then Made the mistake of hitting the 8k mark on the Tacho in first gear today :shock: :shock: :D Opps, back home change pants......Now figgured out why the NSR is a Scardy cats stroker...... :P
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

LOL. The Kr is renowned for its power band. All or nothing is the way she goes. You need to try a few race starts on her, now thats entertaining.

I'll book into the inters then and see if you can get moved up it'll depend on how full the day is though. It should be the first time out for her with the new programable ignition. I have always said the bike is far more capable than the rider.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Booked the trackday :D im in the novice group with you which'll be entertaining.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

cool, id make sure you dont end up behind me at any point lol after looking at hat was inside the chamber i could be in for a black flag... LOL nah the bike fueling wise looks pretty well sorted now! but as i say the first few slow sessions should show up any problems!!!
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Don't worry about that as I'm sure something will go wrong and I'm bound to have left the replacement parts sat in my garage at home. something is bound to knacker up my day one way or another :lol:

Anyway can you PM me your contact details again so we can make sure we meet up proper on the day? Pitch up with the bikes on the LHS near the fuel pumps? hoping to have the new ignition fitted and set up by then but I really need to book some dyno time first.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Got your wets fitted ready?

I'm hopeing to have the old girl fitted into her new cloths for then. Won't have finished the paint work although I've decided on a traditional green black number. Trying to get hold of some Kr-1R tank decals ATM. They are still listed as available and I've got them on back order from Japan.

Oh and the new ignition won't be fitted in time either. :cry:
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

No Wets Fitted, Just me dunlops, Im not a hudge wet fan, Dont tell me "Looks like rain" :( fecking hope it stays dry Hate rain!

Iv still got the rear end off at the momment Im still waiting for Me Tie rods to Show, they should have been finished and sent out by now, Ill have to chase in the morning..... FECK!!!

Then a quick once over, slap the fairing on and Ta Da!

That rear wheel is a Real KU&T to fit its a bloody interferance fit :shock: with the RGV spacers LOL!!! Oh Well,

Bringing Ol faithful with me just incase Lady KR falls apart!!!! But my fingers are firmly crossed so that i dont need to take her out....Mind that would be intresting sticking yer KR up against the CBR!!!!!! that should give a very good idea of how good the little 250s are!!!
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Well don't blaim me for those spacers as i never made them :D.

Still got to work on setting the carbs up, not quite there at slow speed carburisation yet. Probably a bit richer on the primary air. So I'll play with them when I next have to re jet the bike.

Apart from that I'll bring a spare clutch with me just in case my gremlins appear again but I'm hopefully I've solved the problem with the clutch dragging.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Aye theres the clutch MMMMM mine drags real bad, Hope it holds out!! :roll:

FECKING TIE RODS ARE STILL NOT HERE :evil: grrrr
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Have your tie rods turned up yet?

Tested the clutch I fitted today and it works a treat :D. So guess it'll be something else that knackers up.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Aye, there ready, they have sent them out today in the post, worse case (they dont sho by saturday) my mate will pick em up saturday for me when he's at his folks, and bring em with on monday as he'll be there....But i hope they turn up in the post as i wanted to fit it all at home and give the bike a quick once over!!!
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Its Here.................. :twisted:

Back together, And ready to go, Have to say the tie rods have made a diffrence but its not as extreme..... Stearing damper still feels like itll get in the way, And rear shock needs adjusting!!!! Carbs didnt flood, Choke worked, And ran on tick over with no issues!!!!!
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

And what a great day it was as well. Bike went like a rocket and I even managed to get the jetting almost right. Just need a pair of richer needles.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by: