track day...

Tell us where to meet you!
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

track day...

Post by mr_bungholeo »

just thought it might b a good idea to get a lot of kr1's together(make a good picture...)as i've only seen two n i own em so how about meeting for a track day in a month or 2 when the weathers better?
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Right oh, the best tracks are in the midlands and a few of us only have race bikes so trackdays need to be at a track where we actually race so we can pratice. So the best two tracks in this country have to be Cadwell, or Oulton Park. Then its Snetterton, Croft, Donnington (national) or brands hatch indy (never been so can't comment). Last and least is Mallory but i really hate that place so that's out.

for me its Cadwell. Plus I am not too far away from there so I can put a few riders up at my place if your travelling from the deep south :lol:
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Aye, ill be in on that, Pick a date soon, to give people plenty of time to get time off work , save money and book the place, Brands indy on a KR will demolish everything there!!!!! I was there on the NSR last year and passing brand new GSXR1000's is the best feeling in the world, it'll suit the KR well, I love cadwell, where else can you race on a foot path?? :D Oulton is cool, but its a fair old hike, Donny is awsome Love it love it, and one i havent done is rockingham..... And yeah if you book mallory... Ill go watch paint dry its more intresting LOL
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I did rockingham on my ZX10R a couple of years ago on the national curcuit. bloody hard work as I could only hook third and the end of the straight. Rest of the time it was first and second which weren't easy on a bike knocking out over 170BHP. It has got to be a smaller stroker track, as it has no straights and all bends, pitty it dosn't have ACU approval so no-one can race there except BSB. :cry:

Never done the international track though, which is bigger and alot faster as it uses some of the banked outer ring.

BTW donnington is kinda out as they don't have any noisy days this year.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

looks like its cadwell or brands hatch...come on guys it isn't every day you get to see a lot of kr1's all in one place....elf you seem to have a lot of experience in track dayz so will need your help to get it up n running....cos im a track day virgin....but tell me wot to do n i'll do it....(within reason).....

danny harris.....R.I.P
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I'll vote 4 cadwell myself. If its your first time then get =booked in in the novice group. OK who's up for it?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

seems cadwell has a track day on the 31st of may...sound good?

danny harris.....R.I.P
Kate

Post by Kate »

I'm doing Brands on April 23 and its going to be my first trackday too! Of course, this depends on getting the KR running.
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

might see if i can do brands then as i need the experience.....may c u there.....look out for a kr1s rider 6 foot weighing 10 stone dripping wet wiv a tatty kr1s...

danny harris.....R.I.P
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

is it the GP or indy curcuit at Brands? theres gonna be a couple of us at Cadwell on the monday 30th April as well.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

looks like the indy circuit....wow 150 quid....its cheaper a cadwell 89 quid.....

danny harris.....R.I.P
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Brands inst cheep, :? but it is good, As elf says there is a few of us going on the 30th of april to cadwell already if anyone wants to join us!, another meeting in may sounds okay to me, But im quite happy to do brands in May as well, not gp its to long for the wee bikes!!!!
And yes a load of strokers together is good laugh, i think elf was at the RG met at donny last year, that was cool, Mind you there was alot of broken suzi's by the end of the day, How a bike spits its gear box through the engine case is just amazing!!! :shock: :shock:

FIRM UP THAT DATE, this is worthy of another post in the main forum to point people this way!!! ill be poping back to see whats been decided.

You guys going to brands YOUll love it, nice size for the KR, just keep it nailed!!!!
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

yep I was at donny. Got to say they're were lots of broken bikes that day and none of them were KR's and there was three of them there. Got to sort out the cash for this year as my racing has been curtailed by my main sponsor looking like he is pulling most of the funds :cry: :cry: But I'll have to see. RC if we do brands can we share the travel costs somehow? mind you I would rather blast around Cadwell as it has to be the best bike track in the world IMVHO.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Aye! if brands comes off, we could head down together, If you could get to peterborough that would be cool and i can do the rest with my trailer (now with new suspension and hubs,LOL), or what ever way you want!! if you have a van i can join ya and share the cost of getting down...I always find money to get there its the fecking booking that stings LOL Oi why you up so late? Im working tonight whats your excuss........

:)
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
Kate

Post by Kate »

mr_bungholeo wrote:might see if i can do brands then as i need the experience.....may c u there.....look out for a kr1s rider 6 foot weighing 10 stone dripping wet wiv a tatty kr1s...
Yup, its the indy circuit.

Lol, look out for me - my KR1S is black with 69 on it and I'm 5'2" tall in black and silver leathers :D

So who else is gonna be about on the 23 April? There are still spaces available....http://www.focusedevents.com/event_details.asp?eid=691