Cadwell Park 18th August 2014 Nolimits trackday

Tell us where to meet you!
maccas
Oil Injector

Cadwell Park 18th August 2014 Nolimits trackday

Post by maccas »

Going to do a trackday in the novice group on the kr1. Going to mainly use it to get my carbs set up properly in the gaps between sessions.

Anyone else fancy it?

Dan
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Cadwell Park 18th August 2014 Nolimits trackday

Post by Luders »

I'm at croft that weekend, but you shouldn't be in the novice group with the lap time you run around there
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

The inters group is full unfortunately Ben. I'll ask to move straight away of course. The tyres on the kr aren't exactly sticky though so i don't want to push it as i may wreck the bike/myself. Will try and fit some bt090's before i go but i might not have chance :-(

Dan
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Oh well, you'll still have fun overtaking everyone. Are you taking your camera?
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Yeah i'll have the camera on the bike so hoping to get some good videos. I'll post them up here once i've been.

Dan
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Trackday went well. Apart from the dangerous slow moving traffic. They wouldnt let us move groups which was annoying. I'll post the vids later at some point.

Dan
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

That's the problem with the novice group
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Yep definitely. The ugly ground clearance curse of the jim lomas pipes reared it's ugly head. Scraped both pipes. Still had 20mm of tyre left on each side too, was proper hanging off the bike. They are far too fat aren't they.

Bike is running great though, jetted down from 162 to 152 and plugs looked good. Brick walling at 11k on the tacho so some dyno time is needed to adjust the ignition. Pulling very strong though and with a few extra revs i think it will be rather quick. The 600's weren't getting away on the straights that quickly either. Very pleased all in all.

Dan
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Yes the Lomas pipes are a bit fat, but they work well at that diameter. What i've done with my Fred's Fabrication specials, is keep them close and tucked in as best I can. Look forward to the videos Dan.
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Vids are up:

Sessions 1,2 and 3 were on 162 main jets.

Session 4 I dropped to 155's then for sessions 5 and 6 I dropped to 152. The bike performed better with each drop in jets. Still brickwalling at 11k on the tacho though (probably closer to 10k real revs). Revving harder than with the 162 jets though. Hope you all enjoy the sound of the 35's with the lomas pipes. Very zingy!

Session 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlNutTE ... e=youtu.be

Session 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=528X9wY ... e=youtu.be

Session 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYF6UFO ... e=youtu.be

Session 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhyI0XQ ... e=youtu.be

Session 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHbxl51 ... e=youtu.be

I thought the bike handled really well too. Turns in sharper than my fzr400 and the front forks cope with my weight much better than the standard R model forks on my 3xv. Brakes are very good too, the k2 gsxr calipers bite nicely onto the ebc prolites with goldfren sintered pads. If anything the bike feels a bit gutless under 7k but that is probably the fact that the main exhaust port is at 27mm so I'm losing bottom end drive. Pulls hard once on the pipe and the kips have opened though.

Dan
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Too many slow bikes following each other around like it's a Sunday ride to the shops for my liking. Your bike seems to be running much better though. Try the inters next time and you'll find it easier to get into a rhythm without London to Brighton traffic.
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Yeah i agree Ben, we wanted to do inters from the start but it was full and we'd already booked the time off work :-(. Never doing novice again that's for sure. Was good to give the bike some berries though and get it running a bit sweeter. I love the noise it makes.

Dan
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I do love the sound of a good parallel twin. When we were at Cadwell together last year, did you see Andy Sawford on his TZ250 3TC? That sounds mega :D
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

is that with your programable ignition ?

you could try retarding the ignition at high rev's to get more heat in the pipes to make them rev more.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Yep that's what i plan to do Janbros. The problem i have at the moment is that i don't know how accurate the rev counter is so i can't tell when the engine is starting to produce less torque. I could play around and guess on the road but it would be far easier to adjust it on the dyno where i can see what changes i make are going in the right direction more accurately.

Dan