Weekend @ Cadwell Park with Classic Bike trackdays
25%

Total votes: 4

mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Two Stroke Big Bang

Post by mellorp »

Dear all

Last year's coolest track day initially started out as a 3MA track day that grew into a 2 stroke track day and was sadly washed out at Donington Park, the 2nd track day at Anglesey was a great Sunny Sunday but not as well attended as the Donington date

Unperturbed I propose a Two Stroke Big Bang either at Donington Park due to it's central location and 108db noise limit. The down side is it would be Thursday. The alternative is to piggyback onto the Cadwell Park classic bike trackday, which is a weekend.

It could/might/will rain what ever date we choose. Can we have a quick poll. I would prefer we have our own day which would mean Donington, but other's may prefer a weekend that would be Cadwell. Noise is the limiting factor on which circuit we go to, hence there being just 2 alternatives, Anglesey being too far North for most people

I'll also put this on the other 2T forums
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Two Stroke Big Bang

Post by Luders »

If I'm available I would be keen to do either Phil. Would be willing to book a day off work and do a Thursday, which in some respects can be easier than doing a weekend most of the time.
Marty_Rillo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Marty_Rillo »

I liked meeting everyone at cadwell,beautiful drive there, nice food at donnington-on-bain,and Louth,
Very cool circuit, well organised.
But..
Donnington is also a legendary circuit.
Cheers martin
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

Why not do it in Francorchamps :?: , that way I can come to :mrgreen:

I'm sure everyone would want to have a go at the most fantastic track in the world 8)
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

JanBros wrote:Why not do it in Francorchamps :?: , that way I can come to :mrgreen:

I'm sure everyone would want to have a go at the most fantastic track in the world 8)
Nice idea. It's hard enough getting people to
1 - actually ride these bikes instead of just polish/dyno them
2 - contemplate paying (£170 ish) for a UK track day
3 - taking time off and actually riding on track

Yes these engine are fragile if thrashed and badly maintained, but with mature owners/maintenance they will take some abuse. Plus you don't have to red-line it in every gear do you !!!
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Why not try and organise Spa for 2018?
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

Luders wrote:Why not try and organise Spa for 2018?
The floor is all yours.......
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

The poll on here and the other forums I frequent have come up with the majority wanting a Thursday at Donington Park. I'll discuss this with No Limits and let you know when a date is arranged
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

As this is across lots of forums Face Book event here

https://www.facebook.com/events/233699287080747/

2017 June 15th at Donington Park with No Limits.

If you are going this is the place to let me know. If you don't use facebook then PM me
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

Venue finalised as Donington Park on Friday July 14th. I have negotiated a discount. Cost is £159 per person for 7 x 20 minute sessions.

You will need to contact me for a unique access code. This will be for 1 person only, so each individual will need to contact me. I will not issue a code for more than one person. This code must not be shared.

The only stipulation is you must bring a 2 Stroke. Book into the group that is appropriate to your riding skill. I'm going in Novice/steady

You need to ring No Limits on 01525 877087 and quote the code. You cannot do this on line

Anyway enough of the passive aggressive, lets get lots of 2 Strokes out there together :-)
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

Over 350 views and zero takers. That's a bit disappointing :-(
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

If you are booked into the 2T Big Bang at Doninton on July14th then please message me with your bike details
Thanx
Phil M
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

The final update
Bikes going are a selections of VJ22 and VJ21, Aprilia RS MK2 RG500, A few RGV500 hybrids. TZ250 (not sure which version) TD3. As for numbers I'm not sure as some people didn't bother confirming they had booked, but thank you to those that did.

I will be issuing 2TBigBang stickers to anyone that wants one.

I will be staying at the circuit Thursday evening. There is a small collecting area just outside the paddock entrance that the circuit let you use (unofficial). You have to be inside the perimeter security gates before 8pm otherwise it's a pain to get in. I'm taking beer and a chair. Travelling light :-)

Circuit gates open quite early and there is a mad dash for garages. 2TBigBang have been allocated 4 garages. I suggest that we try to fill up the garages next to the resserved garages to spread out a bit. Last year we were packed in like sardines.

Signing on is from 7:30, briefing 8:30. The Lower group should be on track by 9:40 for the 1st of 7 sessions. Last session will be at around 16:40 with the circuit closing at 17:00. 

If at all possible a group picture in pit lane after the last morning session would be wonderful 

Please come along even if you are not riding and say hello and take some pictures. I'm the 56 year old Ed Sheeran lookalike.

Phil Mellor
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

With an unknown number of attendees I was confident having given out the discount code that plenty of people would turn up. So it was at 6:45am I lead the cavalry charge to secure a couple of garages. we spread across 4 garages and did our best to hog 4 garages. And it worked, even turfing a couple of 4T's out that tried to sneak into a very small space we accidentally left.

Gary VJ21 John VJ21 Tony VJ21 Harry VJ21 Chris LC Andy NSR (no not that Andy) Graham VJ23 Andy Marsbar LC Dave TZR and RS250 Geoff RGV5 and MK1 Aprilia Jamie TD3 and Suzuki 200 Alexk VJ22 and me with 2 of the RG's and the faithful MK2 Aprilia. Sorry if I forgot anyone. We had plenty of space to spread out. Then Alan Seeley from Practical Sports Bike magazine turned up and took loads of pics, drank all the tea and talked to everyone.

All sessions went pretty much OK. Here's a few "highlights" AlexK new airbag one piece suit complete with "the Tuxedo" dance option, Gary split a stinger completely off on a tyga pipe, John destroyed a sprocket carrier and was lucky to stay on, Jamie's Suzuki didn't want to run, Harry lost power then lost the front end, a few excursions into the kitty litter and Tony using kerbs grass and the biggest elbows in the world to overtake people (which he did a lot of).

Photo's to follow once I figure out how Flickr works.

Last off I had 50 stickers printed and so far we have raised £65 for the Air Ambulance. If anyone else would like some stickers (see above) posting out I can take paypal to phil.mellor@ntlworld.com and add it to the cash I have in a big envelope

Image001 by Philip Mellor, on Flickr