2 Stroke Track Day N0.2 @ Brands Indy Wed. 5th Sep

Tell us where to meet you!
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Chaps, Ill be away from the PC for around 10 days, Ill be doing any updates friday morning, If you book in just post up here and when im back ill do ALL the updates, Lets see if we can get some more KR's along.

Cheers
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Right Got a new rear sprocket fitted to the Dymag rear and a new Vapor dash so I'm all ready to go. Just need to book it when I get paid on Friday.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

So can we coax any more KR's out the shed? We'll have the fastest bikes there......its official now LOL :D :D :lol: \:D/
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Just booked it :D . I'll be traveling down the night before and sleeping there so if anyone else fancies a few beers the night before let me know and I'll see you at the track ?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

I guess we have our list now, Good effort again everyone, If there are any last minute takers let me know !

Sorry for my lack of attendance on the site latley, Holiday, and a sick CBR have taken up my time!

Anyway, lets look at next wed's track day on the 5th September!

I have badly put together a little map of where to meet up and the best way in. Its a VERY OLD image, there is a road now right accross the top behind the grandstand (which is why i have taken the line accross the grass), Best way in is from the A20, at the Hotel entrance, you cant miss it, stay on the A20, ignor the side streets for paddock entrance and look for the Hotel and Main entrance towards the top of a hill, As you turn in you;ll see the gates, there is normally someone on from 6:30 to open the gates, Head in and follow the road round the top towards the grandstand. JUST as you pass the grandstand they have been using this gate to get into the paddock. Normally they use the tunnel! Im aiming to get there for 7am as the garages fill very quickly and cars / vans are everywhere! Ill get the garage as far from sign on as poss as again these fill slow as its far from grub and toilets,

See you all there, have a safe trip down!!! (or Up LOL)

1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Forgot to say, If you Pm me your FULL name im going to TRY (i said try) and make sure we maintain the inters group, Ill email them a list and point out we are a large group that would preffer to stay together!!

Cheers
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Well looks like we may be able to stay in the same group... fingers crossed, I got this today from focused, ill email Leigh Tonight and see whats happened....!!!!!

Alister,

Thank you for your note and have noted the bookings listed below to request they stay in the same group. However, one thing, we cannot find a booking for Leigh Frost, do you know when he booked as I am concerned that the event is nearly full and he does not have a slot.

Kind Regards

Focused Events

t: 08702 646268

f: 01798 815608

e: info@focusedevents.com

w: http://www.focusedevents.com
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I will be travel to Brands on the Tuesday evening and I'll bag the end garage. The plan is to kip in the back of the wife's people carrier. So if your traveling down the night before come over and say hello.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Thanks to all who came along, it was a very good day. Despite and early finish for me (weld broke on the end can mount).
Scooble your bike looks awsome and goes like a rocket!!!! did you get the gearing sorted? Nice to see MJ came along on the Z750 apperently he's not talking to the KR at the mo!!!! LOL im sure he felt better by winding Gary up when Big Red went BANG!!!

Not sure if it was the result of all the 250's buzzing round the big 4's but they didnt seem to be happy that the 250's where going past LOL they even put in a few complaints about our passing =D> =D> CraigM from the Rgv forum was one of the fastest bikes out there, i was going quick but he went past like i was standing still.

Another R1 had a go at the RGV500 and looked rather Pee'd when gary open'd up 10 - 12 bike lengths down the staright on him. =D> =D> =D> Loads of strokers, NSR's, RGV's KR's CR500, RS250's

I will do my best over winter to sort out a decent discount for next years 2 meets, and with enough notice we should be able to get more of us out there!!! Banter this time between forum members was awsome!!! some good ol fun p[oking going on...

At the moment Donny is looking to be the first meet, and im thinking Oulton as a second, Cadwell is lovely but we must try to get some track time at all venues!

Cheers all Im off to strip and rebuild the KR! She'll look a bit diffrent next year, Hell i might even give it a wash!
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

yeah, I had a great day, but one thing it confirmed to me was that I REALLY need to go to the Gym more often, after one of the afternoon sessions, I needed to come in early as I getting light headed and woozy!

It was good to see the guys for the forum, I must apologise though, as I have trouble matching the forum names to the actual people :oops: , so I must say a big thanks to the person who gave me a few litres of avgas.
I was joined by my Dad, Brother and Housemate who all had a great day too anf gave me encouragement.
It was an interesting development day for me as I have modified the chassis and suspension, so handling was going to be a bit of unknown.
I got some good feedback from the Race Lab guys and it seems that the ZXR400 front end in standard guise is a good match for a KR1, however the R6 shock seems to be a bit of a mismatch. The standard spring is too soft, increasing the preload jacks the back up too much and considering the standard shock is 18mm longer than the KR, it appears as though it loads the front too much coupled with my much higher centre of gravity (due to my very high seat). Fitting a softer spring may mean running out of damping adjustment range though. I could compensate the height by fitting longer tie rods, but this also affect the geometry/rising rate, unless I can alter the shock top mount position on the frame. First thing I need to do I think is lower the seat height and CofG, then fiddle further with the shock.
Gearing was a bit strange for me, I didn't realise that fitting a smaller back wheel would make such a big difference to the gearing. On an 18" with a 150/70 tyre I used to use 2nd for the hairpin, however on a 17" with a 150/60 tyre I now have to use 3rd. I was using 14/43 gearing, but I think 14/45 or a 13/41 or 42 may have been better as it was only hitting 10k on the start finish straight. Didn’t notice this over rev your supposed to get with the Nikons, maybe my jetting was out :-s.
Anyway, had a great time, and it was nice to meet RC46, Elf and MJ. We must do it again :-D
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Many thanks for organising the day 10 out of 10.

I got peed off and went home early. After doing a few sessions on the z750 (which is a very nice road bike but is no race bike) I had a go on RC46s KR. Eeee... to ride a proper bike that was fun - and I could get it in to neutral - nice bike.

After that I had a go on Fontyys NSR. Very impressed the chassis is a generation or two up on the KR - engine not as strong and it has a few bits here an there that need sorting but other than that you could win teh F250 on it and probably the F400.

After that riding the z750 didn't appeal - still it was fun on the road going home.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Yep had a great morning, once I figured out where I was going I started putting in a few hot laps and with a good run round the bends onto the start finish straight I found that I could be close enough to even the 1000's to be able to out break them into Paddock Hill Bend.

Haviong never done brands Indy before I've got to say its an awesome track on a 250 the constant bends and bumps make you work hard to get the lap times in but its a very rewarding track to ride fast.

Scoobles bike look lovely in the flesh. It was just a pity that a lot of us had to retire early. Gary's newly rebuilt 500 went bang, MJ's bike is still sulking from Oulton, RC46 exhaust silencer fell out with the rest of his bike and I discovered that my head gasket was on the way out and had started to pressurise the cooling system. Oh well parts are on order and I hoping to get book on the last track evening of the year on the 13th at Cadwell to test it.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by: