TT 2008

Tell us where to meet you!
daps250sp
Light Smoker

TT 2008

Post by daps250sp »

:roll: Still new to the forum, but if any of you guys/girls are over to the Isle of Man for this years TT let me know and we could meet up for a chat/lap/beer. Later

DAPS IOM 8)
nickbee
Light Smoker

Re: TT 2008

Post by nickbee »

daps250sp wrote::roll: Still new to the forum, but if any of you guys/girls are over to the Isle of Man for this years TT let me know and we could meet up for a chat/lap/beer. Later

DAPS IOM 8)
:D Hello new member, yes me and a couple of my mates coming over to the TT next week if you give me your number we could meet up and talk KRs and plus give me some tips on best places to go on the island.

Cheers

Nick.
daps250sp
Light Smoker

Post by daps250sp »

:lol:Hi my number is (07624) 306281. Well you can tell me about KRs as I have only just got my first one. I live down south in Port St Mary, im off all week so just fire me a txt or call anytime m8. As for the best places to watch, there seems to have been a big knee jerk reaction after what happened it the last race in 2007, when a rider and two spectators were killed :oops: , so a lot, and I mean a lot of places are now restricked #-o . Still be a class week though. Later

DAPS IOM 8)
nickbee
Light Smoker

TT 2008

Post by nickbee »

:D Was last there in 2006 and some spectators points were difficult then, as long as i see some action and plenty of noise it will be good. i didnt take my bike then so looking forward to riding it around the island, especially the mountain section. I was told that some of the speed limits have changed? is this true?

On a Kr note, i also am on my first KR1S which i got early this year and is currently in many bits as rebuilding it slowy due to not having spare funds due to tt trip! It will be good to see another KR and get some info and tips also swapp ideas.

Are you off practice week or race week? I'll give you a call when we get there, plus dont think i've been to Port St Mary so i can see what its like.
daps250sp
Light Smoker

Post by daps250sp »

:D well there are still loads of places to watch from, its just all the dodgy ones which were really exciting have now become restricked.
As for the speed limits, a few have changed over the course of the year, and no doubt they will stick some extra ones in as usual for TT week. The good news tough is that the mountain is oneway again all week as per 2007, with no speed limit after the goose neck, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :twisted: .
You will have to have a look at my KR1S when you are here. I went for a lap on it yesterday, but my brother-in-law is over on his milleR1000 so it was a bit fustrating on the straights that is. Ive insured my race bike for TTweek though so not to screw my KR1 to death.

Port st Mary is a nice little village :roll: .

I am off from this Friday, but I am across to UK next Thursday for a race at Oulton Park :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Well see you soon then.

DAPS IOM 8)
nickbee
Light Smoker

TT 2008

Post by nickbee »

Can't wait to try out the mountain part, so what track bike have you got then? If your racer i'll have no chance of keeping with you on a rideout!

I bought the TT programme yesterday so we could me up ona non race day? Have you been to the ramsey sprints? thinking of going there to have a look. :D
daps250sp
Light Smoker

Post by daps250sp »

:D well you will love the moutain, as with it being oneway it is a lot safer any you can really cane the nuts off it :twisted: .

I race a Kawasaki ZX6R 2007, which is a quality piece of kit :mrgreen: . Great on the track, but mine is a bit mental on the road :shock: . Rock hard.

So you have also been riped off with a TT programme eh, they go up every year :cry: .

Ramsey sprint is a good day if we get the weather that is, and you also get a blast over the mountain to get back to Douglas. Any day is fine with me mate.

Where are you staying? What bike are you coming on?
nickbee
Light Smoker

TT 2008

Post by nickbee »

:( Hey there sorry we didn't manage to meet up in the end, was all ready for tuesday but went to ramsey sprint in the morning and then we went and had a look at jurby airfield and stayed there for most of the afternoon racing round there against my mate. At one point we had the track to our selves.

The TT racing was great and watch the main races, went over the mountain several times and wished that they done something like this in the uk. There are some doggy riders around that dont seem to think about other road users so when we decided to go again, its best to go out of the TT time and you get more road to yourselves.

Hope you get on ok at oulton park with you races.

Cheers Nick.
daps250sp
Light Smoker

Post by daps250sp »

:lol: No worries Nick. I know what the TT's like, I plan loads of different things to do over the TT week period and it usually flies by and nothing goes to plan :oops: . Glad you had a good safe week, and also enjoyed our only so called short circuit up at Jurby.

Oulton Park was awesome :mrgreen: , my results were not up to much as had a poor quilifiying and made a few mistakes in the races. I did lead the open race for a grand total of about 15secs until all the 1000's did me on the straight though. If you get a chance to ride it do.

I know what you mean about the quality of some of the riders over here for the TT week period. Pish poor, no wonder so many people end up in a hedge.

Well take care, and hope you get your kr1 all sorted, I had great fun on mine over TT week, and it ran like a dream. =D>

Cheers DASP IOM 8)