Ace Cafe 2013 dates

Tell us where to meet you!
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Ace Cafe 2013 dates

Post by the KR kid »

Kawasaki Sunday (60th Anniversary) is on 28/4/2013.

Blue Haze Day is on 2/6/2013.

Will only know if I'm going to these nearer the time due to health issues. Anyone on here planning on going to any of these meets? Plenty of time to get your bikes sorted!
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

i'm planning on going to both, went two years ago but last year the weather was shite on both days, i'm going this year with two friends who have suzukis (if they are allowed)
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Blue haze day i reckon i can make. Not been there for about 5 years.
malsa
Light Smoker

Post by malsa »

Im planing to do both, bloody monsoon put me off last year too. way off yet but any one wanna meet up enroute let me know (I'm in Colchester)

375 if you go would be good to meet as was planned last year.
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Malsa
Sounds good to me,

KR kid,
I might be on the kh if i finish it by then :lol: :lol:

Pookie
Get out of bed a bit early this time.

Cliff
Think last time we meet was Gibson's dyno day a few years back, perhaps meet up for one/both dates.
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

hey 375, i work six days a week, sunday is the only day i get to have a lie in, weather permitting i'll be there (with a suzuki posse) be great to see your fully restored kh :lol:
malsa
Light Smoker

Post by malsa »

Weather looks good for tomorow, I'm gonna take ride down. anyone else going?
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

weather looks good until 6pm, just cleaned the kr-1, will be there about 12pm :)
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Sorry chaps,
Can't make it i didnt remember until Malsa put a reminder up, got one of those naff family do's to go to #-o

Malsa
Have you ever taken a ride to the village of Finchingfield not far from you other side of Braintree, Good cafe for a cream tea, Always a few bikes there.

Pookie will have to catch up with you another time.
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
malsa
Light Smoker

Post by malsa »

Yes lovely place not been for while thou,will have to visit.
Pookie nice to have met you and see another kr, loved the ace great people n bikes. :D
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

great to have met you too malsa, paintwork on your kr-1 was ace, can't believe you rode back to essex (60 miles!) it was hard work for me getting 10 miles down the road, its great to see another kr-1 to spot the subtle changes the factory made during its production, hope to go to the blue haze day at the ace in a few weeks time, be great if you can make that too malsa, if your not too busy then :)
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

malsa, as promised here is a picture i took of john reynolds at brands hatch in 1989 on the kr-1 proddie bike, the paintwork is the same as yours, not too keen on the blue seat pad though, sorry about the quality of the pic but it was taken with a mobile of a print that is 23 years old :) Image
malsa
Light Smoker

Post by malsa »

Cheers pookie, Proper 80s pic that!, them leathers!!! :lol: .
Can't believe I did 125 mile either,long time since I've ridden that far on m&a roads,bike was well alright not as uncomfortable as I thought.
Aiming to make blue haze day sounds good. :D
Jiffi77
Heavy Smoker

Re: Ace Cafe 2013 dates

Post by Jiffi77 »

Will hopefully be at the Blue Haze Day weather permitting, went a couple of years ago I think my KR1s made into one of Practical Sportsbike pictures (in the background) :D
pookie
Oil Injector

Re: Ace Cafe 2013 dates

Post by pookie »

just got back from the ace cafe 'blue haze' day (with friends on suzukis) weather was great, i got there at about midday (need a lie in on sundays) and left at about 4, not as busy as the kwak day and only a smattering of two strokes :( mine was the only kr-1 there, did have a laugh when two blokes who were sitting by the entrance noticed that all bikers seem to be of a more mature age nowadays, one said to the other 'blue haze day? looks more like grey hairs day!' that was quality :D